Fishing near the Houma area....without a boat.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cberge8

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Looking for some place near the Houma area to get some fish without having to get a boat. I would really like to get back into fishing, but don't have the place to store or the time to maintain a boat.

Just looking for some place to get some catfish, perch, brim or similar.

The only place I have seen locally is near the intersection of hwy 182 and hwy 90. No idea what people catch there, but there are always people fishing there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind driving a little if I have to.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Looking for some place near the Houma area to get some fish without having to get a boat. I would really like to get back into fishing, but don't have the place to store or the time to maintain a boat.

Just looking for some place to get some catfish, perch, brim or similar.

The only place I have seen locally is near the intersection of hwy 182 and hwy 90. No idea what people catch there, but there are always people fishing there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind driving a little if I have to.
    At 182 and 90, they catch Sac-a-lait in the winter. Should be bream there now. Also some bass.
    I've seen people fishing along 20 on the way to Morgan City. Or go south for saltwater.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I filled in occasionall at an office on W. Park. The bayou out back had lots of small fish (snakes too, but that's another story). I tried fishing it once for maybe an hour and caught a few perch.

cberge8

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Thanks everyone. I am really trying to get some catfish in my freezer if at all possible. Are there any public fishing areas near Des Allemands that anyone knows of?

cberge8

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Just in case anyone else is looking for a decent spot, I found one.

Hwy 306 just outside of Des Allemands along side Bayou Gauche. Just past a small bridge there is what looks like an old single ramp boat launch. Within 3 hours I was able to catch about 15 catfish, all very nice sized (11-14 inch) and about 2 dozen perch, all somewhat on the small side but still worth fooling with.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=29.789716,-90.42263&spn=0.004488,0.006899&t=h&z=17

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom