Fishing @ Work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    I dropped the line at least 150' deep, jigged it up a few times, maybe an hour after I started, and something felt like it was bitting the line. A few seconds later I hooked the fish like I was trying to rip its head off; I wasn't going to loose it.

It was quite easy at first just reeling her up and as she came closer and closer to the surface it started to become one hell of a fight. I don't want to bore you with too many details so, it was a female yellow fin tuna weighing over 65lbs! She gave me a 50 minute fight, the longest 50 minutes of my life and after I reeled her in also the shortest 50 minutes of my life. It was quite the rush.

My arms were tired, my addrenaline was pumping, my stomach was hurting where the pole was against me so I could get enough force to pull her up and reel just a little at a time - very exhuasting; trying to pull up a 65lb fish for an hour isn't walk in the park, but as I saw that siver glimmer just under the water the time and effort really sunk in. YES!

Pics a little blurry but gives you an idea...
    yellowfin.jpg

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    What ship ?

I used to catch them off the drill ship Discoverer Enterprise. Great times

This one was the drill ship Discoverer Americas out at Keathley Canyon. I'm proud of this fish but I've seen guys pull up 125lb yellow fin, makes me look small.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom