Fits Sucks !!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

m4shooter8

Aug 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I went to fits just a little while ago and their service was horrible!! I walk in and no one even acknowledged me. They just looked at me. I was obviously looking to purchase something and I didn't even get a hello or how can I help you. I won't be back. I will take my business to S&S or Slidell arms.

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I posted a problem I had there a while back but left the shop anonymous in my post. Guess the cat is out of the bag now!!

My dad was looking for a Glock 36 to hold and possibly purchase and I got the old "Glock 36 suck, Glock 30 is great" lecture. I should note, I wasn't there for an opinion or sales pitch on a Glock 30. I simply asked if they had a G36 in stock. The guy ended his rant by telling me they wont even stock a G36 because they are such junk. I looked down in his gun case, pointed to the Skyy, and said "So the Glock is to shitty for you to even stock, but the Skyy is ok?". He pretty much just turned and ignored both myself and my father until we left.

I have been to that crappy gun shop twice, left annoyed twice, and it will never happen again. Their service is horrible and the guys working there come across as ###holes.

I don't know what it is with small, local shops treating people like jerks then pissing and moaning that Academy and Cabela's is putting them out of business. So far I have sworn off Louisiana Outdoors in Pearl River, Ken's Bayou Archery, and FITS.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Went to a local shop here....after walking out of all the other small shops for ******* related issues...this guy started the " treatment "

I say..." Hey wait a minuite , I been to all the other shops, they acted like assholes, I end up here ...your IT...we gotta get along

We been friends ever since...LOL..

Shouldn't be that way...but here we are

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    For you guys local to slidell and pearl river, we would love to have your business. Im sure if you come by and see Kasey he wont treat you that way at all.

Adam

Jayho74

Mar 4, 2011
    New Orleans
    Jesus, you are a bunch of sensitive nancy's. I bought a Mosin 91/30 from fits, the fat one let me try all of the rifles, get myself good and coated with cosmoline etc.. The owner guy (the old dude who is not fat) comes across as a bit of a smartass, but come on, they are good people.

You won't be treated with kid gloves everywhere you go. You people need to realize that much of how you're treated has to do with... well you. When you walk in, are you scowling? or smiling? What tone of voice do you use to say hello? etc.

I've got asswhole-dar and FITS does not show up as a blip.

Now Holden's Wrecker service... they are all pieces of ****, ****ing wanna be hardasses. Specially the ****er with the thick goatee at front counter.

bronzdragon

Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I've bought about half a dozen handguns from F.I.T.S. over the years and regularly use their range. I will admit that they charge on average 25-30% more then a few other shops in the area and I don't think I'd use them for a transfer, due to their fee. But I've had good service ordering and dealing with the people who own and work there.

It's really the only place I've found right in Slidell that has a little bit of a selection to look at, other then Academy. And it has the only range available to me, since I work weekends and can't go out to Honey Island.

I've really been trying to spread some of my business around, but Slidell Arms (literally within walking distance of my house) is usually closed when I go by at all different times of the week, and when they are open, you're lucky if they have 3 or 4 handguns in the case. I will say on their behalf that I did talk to a nice guy there yesterday about ordering a gun. He said come back today and he'd have a couple there for me to try out the grips on before ordering. Closed when I came back today, but I kinda figured that would happen.

Ken's has a coupla nice owners, but any time I've stopped by, once again, lucky if they had maybe 5-6 handguns in the case.

Oh well, I always let my money do the talking. If you don't like your service, take your greenbacks elsewhere.

~rc~

Last edited:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Jesus, you are a bunch of sensitive nancy's. I bought a Mosin 91/30 from fits, the fat one let me try all of the rifles, get myself good and coated with cosmoline etc.. The owner guy (the old dude who is not fat) comes across as a bit of a smartass, but come on, they are good people.

You won't be treated with kid gloves everywhere you go. You people need to realize that much of how you're treated has to do with... well you. When you walk in, are you scowling? or smiling? What tone of voice do you use to say hello? etc.

Now Holden's Wrecker service... they are all pieces of ****, ****ing wanna be hardasses. Specially the ****er with the thick goatee at front counter.

Glad you can bring the level of service down exponentially by excepting their treatment. It is not an unknowing customer's job to have a tone of voice or look to make a merchant treat them a certain way. If you are the only/best game in town, the best thing you can do to STAY the best thing in town is kiss a little @$$ of EVERYONE that walks in the door. Don't treat anyone that walks in like they are supposed to know a dang thing about a pistol or ammo or anything about your business. Get to know each one and GROW a customer after that. This thread is the worst example of Customer Service that I've seen here. If the shop needs some outside seminar in Customer Service for the group, have them PM me and I'm sure we can work out the details and price for an on-site training. I will be happy to bring 20 years of Customer Service leadership experience and training to the organization from the ground up.

Last edited:

mineralman55

Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I've had nothing but good experiences at FITS. The big guy, Dave, the older man and the woman have always treated me courteously, always asked if they could help me, what I was looking for. Several times when I've been there to shoot and they had CCW classes going they worked to get me onto the range and not interfere with their class which was their highest priority that day. I'll go there any time as they've treated me right, which is more than I can say for a certain POS range in Baton Rouge that so many people here fawn over. Those folks will never get another dime of my money.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I will admit up front that I am a big advocate of local gun shops.

I have friends who own & operate gun shops; one small and one very large.

The amount of BS those guys must endure from "customers" is totally absurd.

I won't handle a shop's guns or waste their time unless I am actually ready to buy something. I do my research before going to a gun shop.

Also, I ALWAYS buy something. May be lube, a magazine, ammo, batteries, etc.

If I want advice, I seek out someone I know to be an expert. Rarely is that a gunshop sales clerk.

I never, never buy firearms or ammo at WalMart, Academy, etc.

By following the above, I find that I am treated pretty well by most shops.

If you are having problems, see James Loque, a member here. James is extremely straight forward and is not at all pushy.

Again, I have watched numerous painful exchanges pushed by idiotic "customers" who are there to show-off and rarely actually buy anything.

Support your local gun shop; or, you may not have one for long !

leVieux

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

I assume by your post that your job has nothing to do with customer service. :rolleyes:

When I walk into a business my attitute is irrevelant. I can be happy, sad, glad, mad, horny, whatever. I am the one with the $ in pocket. It's the employees job to provide goods or service in order to get the $ from my pocket into his. Therefore he is the one that needs to be helpful, courteous, pleasant, and sweet enough to put me into a diabetic coma.

Is it a double standard? Absolutely. Does it suck? Yes. But thats retail sales. You don't have to like it, but you better do it. If you want a job where you can be a true ******* to everyone that pisses you off, go work at the DMV.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Apr 26, 2010
    I assume by your post that your job has nothing to do with customer service. :rolleyes:

When I walk into a business my attitute is irrevelant. I can be happy, sad, glad, mad, horny, whatever. I am the one with the $ in pocket. It's the employees job to provide goods or service in order to get the $ from my pocket into his. Therefore he is the one that needs to be helpful, courteous, pleasant, and sweet enough to put me into a diabetic coma.

Is it a double standard? Absolutely. Does it suck? Yes. But thats retail sales. You don't have to like it, but you better do it. If you want a job where you can be a true ******* to everyone that pisses you off, go work at the DMV.

Or Wal-Mart!

enutees

Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville

I'm going to assume you work there since you just registered to respond to this post. You may have just said, " We don't suck, you suck". I don't live there but you can damn sure bet I'll never stop by if I'm in the neighborhood.
    As a retail manager for almost my entire adult life I have been in many local stores that amaze me they stay in business. They want to bitch and cry when someone big comes along and undercuts them. You know how you beat those guys? Customer Service.

Anyone remember the asshats that ran NA Guns on Florida Blvd years ago? Yep shitty service and I was glad to see them go.

If your business can't be nice to people looking to spend money (i.e. keep you in business and put money in your pocket) then what kind of service will we get when something bad happens?

I tell all of my new hires that I am not hiring for Walmart. The simplest form of customer service is just to greet the customer and tell them to let you know if they need any help. Takes 5 seconds per customer. That is the simple difference between good and bad service.

And every business has to deal with ignorant asshats that think they know everything. The gun ones are just more annoying.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    When I buy guns, I buy from wherever I can get what I want the cheapest. If it's Academy/Walmart, so be it. Sometimes I get good deals at a local shop, sometimes I don't.

Accessories are a different story. I mail order what I need.

For the most part, I avoid the gun shops and gun counters because some of the stupidity you hear being discussed is just so ridiculous.

Also, I don't patronize FITS or S&S. Bad experiences at both. They could be giving away free guns and I still won't go in those places.

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    When I buy guns, I buy from wherever I can get what I want the cheapest. If it's Academy/Walmart, so be it. Sometimes I get good deals at a local shop, sometimes I don't.

Accessories are a different story. I mail order what I need.

For the most part, I avoid the gun shops and gun counters because some of the stupidity you hear being discussed is just so ridiculous.

Also, I don't patronize FITS or S&S. Bad experiences at both. They could be giving away free guns and I still won't go in those places.

JR1572

+1 on all accounts.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Never dealt with S&S so I cant comment, and the only time I've been inside of FITS is to use the range. No problems with the people at fits while I was there using the range. I have browsed around thier showroom, and judging by the prices on the few items I was looking at I'll never buy anything from them. They are pretty expensive. I've bought a couple guns and completed one transfer at Slidell Arms and have no complaints whatsoever. I dealt with Kim each time and was always treated right.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom