Fixed power rifle scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Looking at getting a fixed power scope for my son's rifle. I'm going to be mounting it on a H&R 44mag. Nikon used to make a 4x40 in one of their Monarch lines. I can't find it anymore. There's still the 4x32 Pro Staff, but I'm thinking I want one a little better than that. May be putting that one on the Savage 22lr.

Just found a few in Leupold's FXII and FX3 lines that look pretty good. 4x33 and 6x42. I think 6x may be a little much for woods hunting with no more than a 100 yard shot. Also thinking these may be a little more than I want to spend.

Wondering if I'm leaving anything out. If anyone knows of a good fixed power scope I'm all ears. Not interested in any variable power scopes. Just wanna K.I.S.S. for the kid.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Not sure but I think Natchez Shooters Supply might still have 4x40 Nikon Buckmasters in stock. Midway has Weaver K4's.

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Except for my Nikon Monarch UCC, the only scopes I have any persona experience with are the cheaper Tasco, Simmons, and Bushnells. I love the Monarch, best glass I've ever owned.

My question is, how is the Weaver in comparison? Price range doesn't look too bad.

Top Bottom