FMJ REINSTATED at Woodworth

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmstr02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Cenla
    Title says it all.

Thanks to Rep. Chris Hazel, Sen. Joe McPherson and big thanks to Mr. John Sturgis of LDWF.

Big THANKS FOR NOTHING to Sen. Gerald Long.

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Woodworth is a small town right outside of Alexandria. Home of Indian Creek Recreation area. Also know for it's very aggressive ticket writing police force. It is also where I live and I love it here. Very quite and peaceful, thanks to the very aggressive ticket writing police force. We also have the LDWF shooting range located here. It has been closed due to someone complaining about a round being found on a rooftop somewhere past the burm. The state has moved the burm and re-worked the range. I have not been there since it closed. Looking forward to shooting there most weekends. That my friend is "Woodworth".

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    AND THANK GOD FOR WOODWORTH as Fort Polk has an FMJ ban! :curse:

Because of the aggressive ticket writing police force, I use to hate driving through Woodworth.... -Now, I wanna move there! :)

Rep. Chris Hazel and Sen. Joe McPherson. I'll ENSURE that I remember those names next time I pull the lever to vote. Let that be a lesson to the politicians out there lurking....: "Most of us who shoot, VOTE!"

dmstr02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Cenla
    I dont know for sure when the pistol range will open. LDWF website seems to be down at the moment. You may keep trying there, click on hunting and then ranges. John Sturgis had been updating info there.

Last time I talked to Mr. Sturgis he had hired someone to be in charge of the complex and they were interviewing for a full time range tech. He told me once they had the range tech in place he didnt see why the rifle range wouldnt be open every weekend. You CAN shoot pistol at the rifle range untill the pistol range opens.

EDIT: OK the website hasnt been updated since September. I'll try to call Mt. Sturgis later.

Last edited:

dmstr02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Cenla
    Rifle range is open every weekend now.

Shotgun range should be open mid November give or take. Pistol range sometime after. I think they are running out of money to complete the entire plan. Once again though, you can shoot pistol at the rifle range for the time being.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Heck YEAH! I was getting a big headache trying to determine which weekend was an "open weekend." LOL

Now, if only football season would come to a quick end so I could be there more frequently! :)

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Was at the range this past Saturday. Range is currently open Friday/Saturday/Sunday. YES, FMJ is currently allowed. Shot several mags of 7.62X39 with my AKs much to the wonder of some of the locals who thought it was banned. (Gee guys. Your .308 Winchester is a lot more powerful than my Romaks!;))

Felt bad as my brass kept hitting a guy to my right everytime. (Well, at least I had decent shot groups). I'll try to get placed on the far right lane next time out of common courtesy.

Top Bottom