Fn-fal gunsmith needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Picked up a stg58/dsa fal with a 21" barrel, looking to get it cut and threaded to 16" with concentric threads for a suppressor also, if you know sombody who can handle that please pm me, thanks

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Read all the post here from the falfiles before you do it. Lots of good info from members who have done it and addresses some of the issues encountered.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286840

One more thing,,,,,an FAL is not an AR....and not knocking any of the gunsmiths here.... but if they have never worked on FAL's before, I'd be wary

yea 10-4 on that!!!!! that's why im looking for somebody with fal experience, not somebody looking to practice and add it to his " ive done that before" list

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yes I know a pretty good bit about fals, I have had 3 in the past, they are very diff from an ar, if somebody thinks they have an ar15 that is a "battle rifle" then they have never handled the classics M1A,FAL,GARAND, ect, they are a life changer!!!! they will make a new contagious obsession!!! as far as suppressed, im not looking to run totally suppressed, just for fun, shooting subs with gas system off,manually cycling bolt, or shooting supers, the primary out fit will not be with a suppressor on this gun, I will leave that to my sbrs....

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    It might be easier to just buy a 16" barrel and just swap it out.

Beauxdog

I would do this. Buy a 16" thr'd barrel with the gas block attached that already has the gas vent holed drilled in the barrel oversized. Get a thr'd adapter to fit the suppressor. Swapping a barrel is simple and usually the headspace doesn't change enough to swap out the locking shoulder.

Depending on the barrel maker, you may be able to swap one for a 16" or sell the full length and pay for the short one.

If you have an original Belgian or Styer barrel, some of us "oldtimers" consider it a sin to cut..:)

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I would do this. Buy a 16" thr'd barrel with the gas block attached that already has the gas vent holed drilled in the barrel oversized. Get a thr'd adapter to fit the suppressor. Swapping a barrel is simple and usually the headspace doesn't change enough to swap out the locking shoulder.

Depending on the barrel maker, you may be able to swap one for a 16" or sell the full length and pay for the short one.

If you have an original Belgian or Styer barrel, some of us "oldtimers" consider it a sin to cut..:)

that's is what im talking about, I don't wanna ruin something that people look for years for and cant find because I just want something simple

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    plus 3 on barrel swap.. I just talk to several folks and every one said do that over cutting a good barrel.. plenty of guys have short ones from para rifles and such that will work..

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Well I posted it for a possible trade, I have "add/adhd" so it's very hard for me to wait lol, I will see what happens before I make the decision

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom