Fn fnp-40 or sig sauer p250?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vumeister225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    hey everyone..im trying to decided which gun should i buy...a fnp-40 or p250 40s&w...any comments or suggestions would be helpful...thanks

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have owned both. The p250 I had was the midsize gun, so close to a glock 19. The fnp is a bit larger.

The sig has the removable trigger assembly that you can swap into different frames. Nice feature but it is just as expensive as a new gun. Mine had a DAO trigger that was acceptable.

The fnp I had was da/sa. Not a bad trigger, usable. Grip dimensions were nice, as were the 14rd metal body mags. Pretty sure the mags are cheaper for the fnp vs the sig.

I sold them both, if i had to buy either again I think I would go for the sig as it is a little smaller. However I think a gen 4 glock 23 would be a better choice, for me at least. Neither trigger on the sig or fnp is as good as a glock trigger. Plus the glock mags are cheaper. YMMV

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I can't speak for the FNP but I do own a P250. I bought it even after reading several references to the QC at SIG - specifically those made in the USA like the P250. The reasons for the purchase were the positive reviews I had read regarding the newer versions being produced, the whole modularity concept, and the DA only trigger. The trigger has a long smooth pull about 5-6lbs. Some like it, some don't. I wanted something simple to CC and the P250 has no safety due to the DA only action. Simple point and shoot. As far as modular, I purchased a compact 9mm and a full sized 40 xchange kit. The exchange kit is a complete gun& magazine minus the fire control unit which is the trigger/hammer and firing mechanism. It isn't quite as expensive as a new complete gun. I paid $585 new for my package. What I like is the ability to change calibers and grip sizes. The choices are 9mm, 40, 357sig, & 45. The grip frames come in sub-compact, compact, & full sized in each caliber although I don't believe there is a 45 SC. Each in sm, med, & large depending on hand size. One thing you may not realize is the 9 & 40 use the same grip frames. This means I can mount my full sized 40 slide on the compact frame or as I recently did, purchased a sub compact frame that I can mount the compact slide on. The SC frame cost just $20. Of course, I need to get the corresponding magazines at over $40 each, but for $60, I made my compact into a semi-subcompact with the slightly longer compact slide on it. I've seen a basic 9mm compact at Academy for around $350. The prices have definitely come down recently.

The only common complaint from owners that I've read is people shooting unusually low. Some think the wrong front sight has been installed on many ( more questions about QC) and SIG claims they are "combat sights" that require the front dot to be center on the POI and not just below. The manual says nothing specific about aiming but does describe the various front and rear sights available (for purchase) to change elevation.

Personally, I haven't shot it enough to say it's been flawless with any authority, but after a couple hundred rounds in the 9 and less than 100 in the 40, it's functioned without any jams or misfires. It's easy to clean and change the FCU to other frames. I'm liking it more and more as I become more familiar with it. My only issue is me pulling to the right at the end of the long double action draw that I'm working on. I've been told that as I conquer the DA on this gun, my accuracy on other single action guns is likely to improve.

Top Bottom