Follow the money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Follow the Money

Let me ask a quick question: Who did AIG support for President last year?

a) John McCain d) Rudy Giuliani

b) Barack Obama e) All of the above

c) Hillary Clinton f) None of the above

If you go by campaign contributions, the answer is e) All of the above. Obama received $110,332, McCain $99,249, Hillary Clinton $61,515, and Rudy Giuliani a mere $50,250. I wonder why?

Of course AIG did not limit their contributions to Presidential candidates. Chris Dodd, former head of the Senate Finance Committee has received $281,038 over the years. Charles Schumer, who became a member of the Committee in 2004, $111,875. George Bush collected $200,560. In all 86 different politicians have received over $10,000 from AIG since 1990, and the split is pretty even between Republicans and Democrats. You can see a list of all AIG recipients by clicking here. Check out this list if you want to see how businesses and labor unions purchase favor. I’m sure you will be shocked to see that almost all of the bailout recipients are on the list.

The problem is not the Democrats and it is not the Republicans; the problem is politicians and our selection process. While the parties might favor different programs and advance competing agendas, neither is concerned with spending more money than our children can afford. Nor do they hesitate to reward their financiers with tax breaks, cushy jobs, and earmarked projects. Our national debt is now over $11,000,000,000,000. That is $36,099 for every man, women and child legally in the United States. But remember, taxes are not paid equally. Take a look at this report from the Joint Economic Committee if you want to see who is actually paying how much. I think you’ll be surprised.

If that is not enough bad news, the OMB is currently projecting our debt will double in the next ten years. Can you in good conscience pass such a debt to your children? Is John Galt about to become a household name?

Change is needed indeed, but what we must change is the way we select our representatives. We cannot afford to keep passing the blame from one party to the next; waiting on the next election for the “other” party to fix what we all know is broken. They will not. They cannot. GOOOH will effect the change our country needs, but we need all of America to know that we exist. I hope you will continue to help us spread the word. I hope you will get everyone you can to evaluate GOOOH.com.

intriptik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Denham Springs
    The problem is not the Democrats and it is not the Republicans; the problem is politicians and our selection process. While the parties might favor different programs and advance competing agendas, neither is concerned with spending more money than our children can afford.

I got a selection process, caged death match, probably get more involved in the elections.

Top Bottom