Food stamp shut down 17 states

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    teotwawki_black.jpeg

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    This picture was on the WDSU website. Spelling aside, there is an irony here I can't get past. I can't believe in this PC day that no one in the editing department thought this was wrong.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Officials say local retailers have been notified to use the manual system, meaning that SNAP customers can spend up to $50 until the system is back online.

Let the system stay down for more than 72 hours and we are liable to get an ugly glimpse of what the future holds for our country. It would make the Rodney King riots look like a Tea Party rally.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Let the system stay down for more than 72 hours and we are liable to get an ugly glimpse of what the future holds for our country. It would make the Rodney King riots look like a Tea Party rally.

Agreed. I cant even imagine what a week out would be like

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Most of you aren't old enough to remember in the 50's the government gave out commodities of beans ,dry power milk, canned meat of some kind. In the 60's Prez. Johnson came of with "war on poverty ". Thus the food stamp program was started . It has evolved into what is now the norm. for certain classes of folks . Need I say more?

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    jms, as I recall that's how we got the term "government cheese". Damn it was good... real salty. :)
    I read once that it was less about feeding the poor and more about how much power a Senator from Wisconsin had in Washington DC..

I remember the long lines at the centers where they gave the "Government Cheese" away. Our neighborhood had a NORD playground where they passed it out. One Sunday at Tulane Stadium when my Great Uncle Joe saw how long the line was to get in exclaimed "Is this the line for the Saint's game or are they givin' away Government Cheese up there?" I still use that line but no one under 40 gets it.

But it was good cheese. My Dad's next door neighbor was alittle old man who would stand in line for it but he was lactose intolerant so he'd give it away. My Dad would get the Pay per View Professional Wrestling events and invite him over to watch. To show his gratitude my mom would get a brick of G cheese.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

It will look like week one post Katrina. Minus the water. What a pitiful example of CHO...

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    My Dad would get the Pay per View Professional Wrestling events and invite him over to watch. To show his gratitude my mom would get a brick of G cheese.

Bread and circuses! The more things change, the more they stay the same!

When I was in college, my roommate was 1/16 native american (injun). He would take a trip down to the gov office twice a week and come back with all kinds of stuff for us, including government cheese. I've yet to find a substitute for it that makes a better grilled cheese sandwich. It was awesome with ramen noodels too!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Bread and circuses! The more things change, the more they stay the same!

When I was in college, my roommate was 1/16 native american (injun). He would take a trip down to the gov office twice a week and come back with all kinds of stuff for us, including government cheese. I've yet to find a substitute for it that makes a better grilled cheese sandwich. It was awesome with ramen noodels too!

Enabler ;)

Top Bottom