FOR SALE: 14' flatboat (needs work)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    My oldest brother was keeping this to repair it "one day" so we can go fishing but he's outta state so the fishing trips in this boat isn't going to happen. My other brother's tired of having it by him so he said put it up on the block. See pics for the repairs needed. There are some holes and a center seam is split a few feet. I've been told it can be repaired by some people and other people said it cannot be repaired. Others have said to use fiberglass and wrap the bottom.

There's no trailer; says he used to put a flatboat in the bed of his truck and roll that way with a small motor and trolling motor. He's asking $100 or trades for ammo, hunting stuff, etc. The boat is in LaPlace.

Thanks for checking it out.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    The OP might not want to fool with it, but you can get those aluminum brazing rods and patch these things up. I have done it and it is pretty simple.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    The OP might not want to fool with it, but you can get those aluminum brazing rods and patch these things up. I have done it and it is pretty simple.
    My oldest brother bought those, or something similar so that my dad can weld up the seems but that was before katrina. Not sure if we ever found the rods. Trades and other offers are open if you want to "flip" the boat.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Does it have papers
    I'm waiting to hear back to see if it does. More than likely any records of the boat (like the car titles) have gone away with Hurricane Katrina. I know that when we used to use the boat a long time ago it had the LA boat registration stickers on the side. I'll get back with you ASAP when I get the details.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I'm waiting to hear back to see if it does. More than likely any records of the boat (like the car titles) have gone away with Hurricane Katrina. I know that when we used to use the boat a long time ago it had the LA boat registration stickers on the side. I'll get back with you ASAP when I get the details.
    Any paperwork was lost with hurricane katrina.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom