For sale thread missing.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willb5678

Jan 30, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I posted a for sale/trade thread for an eotech and it's MIA, do mods notify you as to why the thread was deleted. Pretty sure I followed all the rules for posting an ad for firearm PARTS.

Rabbit

Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Nope, they just kill it and if you don't do your part to check and see if it is still there, you won't be selling or buying.... You would think an automatic notification would come up if and who modified your thread.... It don't.

G

gunguy11

Decency? They run this forum without pay! They do not get paid to keep this forum on the right track! With all the new members coming in here and not following the rules to set an example I would delete them too.

willb5678

Jan 30, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Decency? They run this forum without pay! They do not get paid to keep this forum on the right track! With all the new members coming in here and not following the rules to set an example I would delete them too.
    A simple PM would do the trick...I'd hate to miss a good deal from a noob because it got deleted without them having a chane to fix it.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    pics are req'd everywhere except the bearpit, which is probably where they moved your ad.

I was always under the impression that ads without pics would be moved to the bearpit, not deleted. IIRC the rules actually state this (I could be mistaken, as it has been a while since I have read them).

Last edited:
    G

gunguy11

Your signature line rocks.
    Lol thanks. I figured the thread wasn't sticky worthy but could be used in a sig.
    They should not have to send a Pm... They are responsible for enough other things it is the seller's responsibility to read the rules... It really is that simple. Or if you don't comprehend well ( the n00b ) just look at other successful threads and follow suit.

G

gunguy11

I was always under the impression that ads without pics would be moved to the bearpit, not deleted. IIRC the rules actually state this (I could be mistaken, as it has been a while since I have read them).
    The rules are well... Rules. The consequence which are left up to the ones with the authority are mere guidelines. They have the final say and power in what happens. Shouldn't you be aware of this.. You are a puppet of US government lol

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Here is a reference point for the "n00bs" in question...

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?58839-***SOLD***WTS-WTT-Remington-870-Express-Magnum-youth-20-gauge***SOLD***&highlight=

That was the VERY first post I ever made on BS, and the only edits were to mark it sold. It really isn't that hard to read rules, and they are stickied at the top of the classified section, so there is no excuse for anyone NOT to read them, no excuse for anyone to say, "What rules?" I did it correctly, and my gun was sold in a matter of days.

G

gunguy11

And if not following the rules wasn't enough they have a used gun listed for above retail!! I would be all over a 19 posted up but not for the price it is at.
    Here is a reference point for the "n00bs" in question...

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?58839-***SOLD***WTS-WTT-Remington-870-Express-Magnum-youth-20-gauge***SOLD***&highlight=
    E
    That was the VERY first post I ever made on BS, and the only edits were to mark it sold. It really isn't that hard to read rules, and they are stickied at the top of the classified section, so there is no excuse for anyone NOT to read them, no excuse for anyone to say, "What rules?" I did it correctly, and my gun was sold in a matter of days.

Top Bottom