For those of you following this stuff... NFA timeline on forms 4's in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I was wondering why Bower signed my certified mail slip and Clutter approved my form.

Because Bowers got canned and Clutter is the go to guy trying to fix the mess that Jason made. They are missing tons of paperwork, including complete applications. They are missing 3 of my customers F4's. Gone, not there, missing. Ted Clutter is trying to figure out how to handle it.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Mine was approved 10/26/12. Guess what!? NOTHING!! I figure Clutter should start by getting rid of some of the (CLUTTER) and make sure the APPROVED forms get mailed out ASAP.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Form 4 timeline at Landry's Guns.

A few that came in recently. Individual purchaser mailed 4/25/12 approved 11/7/12
    Another was the exact dates, repeat customer on a trust.
    Both approved by Shannon Siviero.

Form 2 (dealer make form) 10/24 faxed, 11/18 approved, arrived yesterday 11/24 in the mail, also Shannon approved.

I have a few that left mid May and several in July. I'll update on those when they arrive.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    New approvals on my list.

First time customer, mailed 5/10/12, problem ticket came back about a month ago, corrected and approved 11/25/12
    3 Trust customers, 2 mailed 5/10/12, problem ticket came back about a month ago, corrected and all 3 approved 12/2/12 - Yes, on Sunday

Waiting on actual forms to come back to see who approved them.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    New approvals on my list.

First time customer, mailed 5/10/12, problem ticket came back about a month ago, corrected and approved 11/25/12
    3 Trust customers, 2 mailed 5/10/12, problem ticket came back about a month ago, corrected and all 3 approved 12/2/12 - Yes, on Sunday

Waiting on actual forms to come back to see who approved them.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376
    Seems pretty quick considering problems and corrections. Good to know when I buy my next.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Ok, took a look at the approval from 11/25. That was a Sunday, I forgot to check the mail date on the envelope, but assume it left Monday the 26th, and I received it 1 week later on Monday Dec 2.

Dale

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Because Bowers got canned and Clutter is the go to guy trying to fix the mess that Jason made. They are missing tons of paperwork, including complete applications. They are missing 3 of my customers F4's. Gone, not there, missing. Ted Clutter is trying to figure out how to handle it.

If mine is already check-cashed and pending, Aug 1, am I "safe"? What about paperwork sent in in November? What time-period/risk are we talking here for "lost" F4's?

cowdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    My best guess and it's just a guess on J. Bowers "leaving" was pre-June; I thought I saw the month may have been as early as March but I can't find the reference.
    Good news & bad news. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100004
    BATF has the hiring freeze lifted and has hired 9 more examiners. Bad news is they still have to be trained. So maybe when some of you guys order your next set of cans it will only take 4 months from pending! :ohreally:

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    That is what I am hoping, shorter transfer times. There was a time I actually got form 4 transfers in as little as 8 weeks. Not that long ago. We see other examiners names on approvals and they are working very well with us. I'll have a lot of suppressors in Kenner this weekend at the gun show. I expect these transfers to be done in June / July if we keep up the trend ip and state police gets the forms approved in faster time.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376
    Http://www.landrysguns.com

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That is what I am hoping, shorter transfer times. There was a time I actually got form 4 transfers in as little as 8 weeks. Not that long ago. We see other examiners names on approvals and they are working very well with us. I'll have a lot of suppressors in Kenner this weekend at the gun show. I expect these transfers to be done in June / July if we keep up the trend ip and state police gets the forms approved in faster time.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376
    Http://www.landrysguns.com

Any updates? I would love to get mine in 2012.... I think we started dealing in Feb.... I know the manufacture took a few months but dang I am ready.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Any updates? I would love to get mine in 2012.... I think we started dealing in Feb.... I know the manufacture took a few months but dang I am ready.
    I would need to check when it went pending but my records show it left us, going to ATF on July 2. It probably went pending by mid July, so we are looking at mid Jan.

Dale

Top Bottom