Forget Gas Stoves, biden’s going after your AC.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Meanwhile, the largest population centers in the world will continue to guzzle oil, burn coal, and dump in the rivers while we here in what is supposed to be the most advanced nation on the planet will slowly have the collar tightened around our throats by crap like this. Even if you try to conserve energy in your household with efficient appliances, good insulation, if you reduce waste and recycle, and you maintain your vehicle to it's peak efficiency in fuel consumption, combine trips to keep your mileage low, none of it is enough for the blindly zealous idealists who keep crying the same doom and gloom mantra. It's maddening.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Yep. Had new hvac installed in March. Hvac equipment went up 60% since a year ago. Not the most troubling part though. The 410 Freon being used on my new unit is gonna be phased out. But newest version still not available to public consumers at that time. So I’ve hoarded and paid dearly for R22 for years, finally upgraded, and now 410 being phased out( going green). Even worse still, chatting with the HVAC crew day of installation. Those guys all told me that the latest and greatest refrigerant gonna be so costly because, when you are a few pounds low with the new stuff, won’t be able to just top it off with a couple pounds. The ENTIRE system will have to be vacuumed down and completely refilled! People are gonna hit the roof at the expense!

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Automotive guy here, the price has already skyrocketed. I was paying $100 for a 30 pound cylinder, it's $350 now. Meanwhile the "new" Freon is at $549for a 10 pound cylinder.
    Ouch! Govt really doesn’t mind financially straining the working people in every aspect.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    HVAC.jpg

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Don't ya'll get it ? We have to " take the lead " in all of this green , save the planet nonsense . If other countries see us do it , they will come around eventually and we'll all live happily ever after ...

Right ? :peep:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Now I am so glad now that about 1 year ago when having problems with our home hvac system that was 20yrs old and could have been patched to get maybe another year or two more life before replacement would be needed... Took the option to do a total system replacement..... Price for replacement was a lot more than expected but also now the electric power consumption bill even with these high temps is less than prior to replacement of the system... .................. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the Federal Government facilities are still allowed to use the R22 style freon by the rest of the general public is not allowed to acquire and use legally.....

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Now I am so glad now that about 1 year ago when having problems with our home hvac system that was 20yrs old and could have been patched to get maybe another year or two more life before replacement would be needed... Took the option to do a total system replacement..... Price for replacement was a lot more than expected but also now the electric power consumption bill even with these high temps is less than prior to replacement of the system... .................. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the Federal Government facilities are still allowed to use the R22 style freon by the rest of the general public is not allowed to acquire and use legally.....
    Would not surprise me one bit! Or like when Entergy was advising to set thermostats on 78. Wonder if the Entergy offices were set on 78?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Don't ya'll get it ? We have to " take the lead " in all of this green , save the planet nonsense . If other countries see us do it , they will come around eventually and we'll all live happily ever after ...

Right ? :peep:
    Or it’s a way to launder money to the donors of a specific party. Notice how nuclear energy is never discussed

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Rather than get tangled up in mental masturbation over things beyond my control, I'm looking at the best bang for the buck concealed duct minisplit for our small home. The late 90's model Trane is still hanging tough (hang on baby!) but all good things must come to an end. Looking forward to taking advantage of new HVAC tech and keeping my cool at the same time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom