Form 1 Disapproved - Refund question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    My Form 1 was disapproved because I followed bad advice and filled out the applicant as "Josh Nieman (as trustee)" for a Form 1, SBR, owned by a trust. I needed to put the name of the trust in there they tell me.

I'm soon to move to another state, it seems, so I am delaying the reapplication. Is there hope of seeing my $200 back? I e-filed using my debit card to pay.

I have an email in with them, as of Monday morning, and am going to follow up with a phone call if I don't get a response in another day or two.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    From what I understand, you should remain at the front of the line once you correct it, if you do it in a very timely manner. Also, congratulations on your move!!!

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah they give you your money back. They put it back on the same card. I had a form 4 that I submitted and noticed an error on. I had to send in a letter to cancel it and a few weeks later the 200 showed back up on my card. So you were denied because instead of putting your trust as applicant you put yourself?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yeah they give you your money back. They put it back on the same card. I had a form 4 that I submitted and noticed an error on. I had to send in a letter to cancel it and a few weeks later the 200 showed back up on my card. So you were denied because instead of putting your trust as applicant you put yourself?

Yes, I followed some apparently faulty advice and did not do my research enough to verify things. I put my name followed by (as trustee) in the Applicant field, rather than the name of my trust.

Thanks for the confirmation on the refund. I hope that holds the same for my situation.

From what I understand, you should remain at the front of the line once you correct it, if you do it in a very timely manner. Also, congratulations on your move!!!

It was disapproved. There is no correction. This is done. Disapproval rendered, application complete. Corrections are made during the process, not after the process is complete.

Last edited:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    What date did you submit? Just curious. One of those newsletters they sent our explained how to get a refund via email. Worked for me on one. Also, did you put anything in the description box above the reason for manufacturing box?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    What date did you submit? Just curious. One of those newsletters they sent our explained how to get a refund via email. Worked for me on one. Also, did you put anything in the description box above the reason for manufacturing box?

I efiled Aug 19, went pending Aug 21 iirc.

As for the form technicals, I'll have to answer later as the site is down for maintenance right now.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I've read a few that got disapproved had "refund initiated" on the bottom of the form when logging in to the system. Perhaps check yours when you can log back in.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oh, duh, copy of the form was sent in the notification email - no need to log back in.

Additional Description - left blank
    Reason - ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES

I see what the problem is, now.

When I fill out the information in the dialog box, it populates the Form 1 with the information in a manner I did not expect.

It put "JOSHUA NIEMAN (AS TRUSTEE)" in both the 3b-Applicant's Name and Mailing Address field, as well as the 3a-Trade Name field.

Top Bottom