Form 4 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Im in the process of buying my first suppressor and I am kinda confused on e-fileing the Form 4. Im going through a trust which should be complete by next week. My questions are:

1. Which website do I go to for filling out the form?
    2. Do I have to wait until the suppressor is finished being built before I submit the Form 4? I have the model and serial number already.
    3. Since Im going through a trust do I need to electronically send them a signed copy of the trust or just a copy in general?
    4. Am I thinking this all wrong and this is something my dealer would do?
    5. I read that you needed to send in two copies of the Form 4 through the mail, do you still send two copies electronically?

I hope Im making this sound more complicated than it seems its just everything I read on filling one out described it differently. If there is any major points that I am missing by all means let me know. ( Im really not very savvy with computers but from what I have read e-filieing the Form 4 is the way to go)

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    My dealer took care of the e-filing. All I had to do was bring them a copy of the trust, pay the transfer tax, and then wait.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Individuals cannot file form 4s electronically. A dealer would have do it for you and you would have to be purchasing something from that dealers inventory. If you need help or are looking for something let me know I have a good bit of stuff in stock and will handle filing all the paperwork. All I would need is payment and a copy of your trust.

Top Bottom