Former astronaut: Man not alone in universe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/04/20/ufo.conference/index.html

CNN) -- Earth Day may fall later this week, but as far as former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell and other UFO enthusiasts are concerned, the real story is happening elsewhere.

Former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell, shown in 1998, says "there really is no doubt we are being visited."

Mitchell, who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission, asserted Monday that extraterrestrial life exists, and that the truth is being concealed by the U.S. and other governments.

He delivered his remarks during an appearance at the National Press Club following the conclusion of the fifth annual X-Conference, a meeting of UFO activists and researchers studying the possibility of alien life forms.

Mankind has long wondered if we're "alone in the universe. [But] only in our period do we really have evidence. No, we're not alone," Mitchell said.

"Our destiny, in my opinion, and we might as well get started with it, is [to] become a part of the planetary community. ... We should be ready to reach out beyond our planet and beyond our solar system to find out what is really going on out there."

Mitchell grew up in Roswell, New Mexico, which some UFO believers maintain was the site of a UFO crash in 1947. He said residents of his hometown "had been hushed and told not to talk about their experience by military authorities." They had been warned of "dire consequences" if they did so.

But, he claimed, they "didn't want to go to the grave with their story. They wanted to tell somebody reliable. And being a local boy and having been to the moon, they considered me reliable enough to whisper in my ear their particular story."

Roughly 10 years ago, Mitchell claimed, he was finally given an appointment at Pentagon to discuss what he had been told.

An unnamed admiral working for the Joint Chiefs of Staff promised to uncover the truth behind the Roswell story, Mitchell said. The stories of a UFO crash "were confirmed," but the admiral was then denied access when he "tried to get into the inner workings of that process."

The same admiral, Mitchell claimed, now denies the story.

"I urge those who are doubtful: Read the books, read the lore, start to understand what has really been going on. Because there really is no doubt we are being visited," he said.

"The universe that we live in is much more wondrous, exciting, complex and far-reaching than we were ever able to know up to this point in time."

A NASA spokesman denied any cover-up.

"NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover-up about alien life on this planet or anywhere else -- period," Michael Cabbage said Monday.

Debates have continued about what happened at Roswell. The U.S. Air Force said in 1994 that wreckage recovered there in 1947 was most likely from a balloon-launched classified government project.

Stephen Bassett, head of the Paradigm Research Group (PRG), which hosted the X-Conference, said that the truth about extraterrestrial life is being suppressed because it is politically explosive.

"There is a third rail [in American politics], and that is the UFO question. It is many magnitudes more radioactive than Social Security ever dreamed to be," Bassett said.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    the only problem with this guys calims,,,,he retelling other peoples stories,,not his own personal story or experience,witch being who he is would hold some if not more credit then locals at roswel....

if your interested in this kind of stuff and dont mind weeding threw the bs,to get to some really good info and articles,,both for and against,,,,,

this is a really good sight,for all kind of stuff skeptics and true believers
    http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    It's whatever, I don't really believe it. The government probably is just as skeptical as we are. As far as a saucer hovering over my house and watching me take my dog out to ****- as long as they don't probe me I don't care. I have more **** to worry about, like I dunno, Obama than to worry about scifi ****- and I think thats what alot of the media is trying to do (change the subject).

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    thats a old story,,i dont know whay its getting rehased,,,,but its not just sci fi stuff on that web sight,,,a bunch of political,,nwo,,fema death camps...conspiracy sections,,,its also based in the uk so you get a idea of how we look to the rest of the world,,,,iv wasted many many a night on that sigt untill i found BS.com

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Oh, I'm not referring to the site, mostly the fact that CNN/MSNBC and the like are giving UFO **** some airtime. I'm not sure if Fox has done it yet, but the liberal nuthuggers seems to have found something that captures the publics eyes quicker than paris hilton's new dogs.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    **** maybe these visitors may find interest in Obama like all the idiots during the elections did and abduct his ass.

I know, I know. wishful thinking....

*prepares for door to be kicked in, and deportation to reeducation camps*

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    It's been asked one too many times but worth repeating.

Why.... if they travel thousands of light years through space would anybody want to pick up some strange unknown creature and shove a probe up it's butt?

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well as 4 my take on the subject of life elsewhere, I don't see why not. There's billions and trillions of galaxies within our universe and within that there are billions and trillions of solar systems within each of these galaxies. To think that we are the only ones that corner the market on life in this universe would be very arrogant indeed. As 4 the government covering it up, i dunno about that but i wouldn't put it past them after all the other stuff they've tried to hide in the past and are hiding now.

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's been asked one too many times but worth repeating.

Why.... if they travel thousands of light years through space would anybody want to pick up some strange unknown creature and shove a probe up it's butt?

Fun, Of course! It seems that these life forms have an extreme anal fixation. lol

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Once, late at night, on a lonely deserted road in Beauregard Paris, I was walking and suddenly, a silverish object about 15 feet tall and about 20 feet wide, sorta pyramid shape, landed right in front of me. No noise at all but it made the area around it quite cold. I stood there in wonderment and awe. Suddenly, part of it opened up and two "people" came out. They looked just like us except the "male" was about 7 feet tall and the "female" was also quite tall, maybe 6'6 or so. They both had silverish blond beautiful hair, intense greenish eyes, wearing sort of a purplish form fitting garment. Their physiques were stunning, appeared to be perfect athletic buils. They asked me to enter the craft. They didn't speak with their mouths but I guess maybe with their thoughts but I heard it thru my ears plainly. I went inside and the interior was absolutely beautiful. The lighting was subdued but with a beautiful bluish green aura. The flooring was golden and looked like smooth, golden tiles. The walls were sorta silver color but seemed translucent and I could see things behind it but not clearly. I was directed to a "seat" that looked like, it's hard to describe, more like a hologram instead of a real physical seat but it worked. When I sat in it I had ther distinct feeling it form fitted itself to me exactly. The 2 "people" sat in seats similar to mine but there was a "holographic" image of a "screen", kinda like what now would be an LCD screen but only with the images, no physical "frame". The images on the screen varied. Apparently some sort of control and information images and on occasion, the screen would appear to be images of "stars or planets" or something. Each of them had different images on them and they both at times would put a finger to the image, There was a very, slight pleasant humming sound iside the craft but otherwise it was no other sound. After what seemed like only a few moments, the 2 got up and told me to rise. We exited the craft and when I stepped out it was like being at an airport, only no planes, just different shapes of "craft", a few quite large. There were these "people" busy bodying around but they all had on form fitting clothing, not all the same color. They all had the beautiful blond hair and all of them were taller than me. The two I was with seemed to be of some importance as when we walked past anyone closely they sorta did some kind of a salute where they quickly put their hand to their "heart" and the two I was with would sorta nod to them instead of a salute. We only walked maybe fifty feet and got into some sort of a round, bubble shaped object and again these "holograpjic" seats appeared. The whole bubble thing was maybe 8' in diameter. It made no sound but we moved quite quickly across the most beautiful terrain I have ever seen. I cannot describe it except it captivated me so much that I paid no attention to anything else.
    And then I musta woke up. Was this real?

Last edited:

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Once, late at night, on a lonely deserted road in Beauregard Paris, I was walking and suddenly, a silverish object about 15 feet tall and about 20 feet wide, sorta pyramid shape, landed right in front of me. No noise at all but it made the area around it quite cold. I stood there in wonderment and awe. Suddenly, part of it opened up and two "people" came out. They looked just like us except the "male" was about 7 feet tall and the "female" was also quite tall, maybe 6'6 or so. They both had silverish blond beautiful hair, intense greenish eyes, wearing sort of a purplish form fitting garment. Their physiques were stunning, appeared to be perfect athletic buils. They asked me to enter the craft. They didn't speak with their mouths but I guess maybe with their thoughts but I heard it thru my ears plainly. I went inside and the interior was absolutely beautiful. The lighting was subdued but with a beautiful bluish green aura. The flooring was golden and looked like smooth, golden tiles. The walls were sorta silver color but seemed translucent and I could see things behind it but not clearly. I was directed to a "seat" that looked like, it's hard to describe, more like a hologram instead of a real physical seat but it worked. When I sat in it I had ther distinct feeling it form fitted itself to me exactly. The 2 "people" sat in seats similar to mine but there was a "holographic" image of a "screen", kinda like what now would be an LCD screen but only with the images, no physical "frame". The images on the screen varied. Apparently some sort of control and information images and on occasion, the screen would appear to be images of "stars or planets" or something. Each of them had different images on them and they both at times would put a finger to the image, There was a very, slight pleasant humming sound iside the craft but otherwise it was no other sound. After what seemed like only a few moments, the 2 got up and told me to rise. We exited the craft and when I stepped out it was like being at an airport, only no planes, just different shapes of "craft", a few quite large. There were these "people" busy bodying around but they all had on form fitting clothing, not all the same color. They all had the beautiful blond hair and all of them were taller than me. The two I was with seemed to be of some importance as when we walked past anyone closely they sorta did some kind of a salute where they quickly put their hand to their "heart" and the two I was with would sorta nod to them instead of a salute. We only walked maybe fifty feet and got into some sort of a round, bubble shaped object and again these "holograpjic" seats appeared. The whole bubble thing was maybe 8' in diameter. It made no sound but we moved quite quickly across the most beautiful terrain I have ever seen. I cannot describe it except it captivated me so much that I paid no attention to anything else.

Hmm. A friend described to me different races of aliens that come up in the circles that believe. Now I took all of this w/ a grain of salt to humor and not offend but he described to me one race. It sounded quite similar to yours. Were they sort of Nordic looking like the people of northern Europe. Like those of Viking decent. Just wondering?

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea their called nords if im not mistaked,,,,but im like you noblethewhite,,,i was just being polite....

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    yea their called nords if im not mistaked,,,,but im like you noblethewhite,,,i was just being polite....

That's what i thought. I couldn't quite remember. I know there's several races including the grey's as well and their suppose to be a more sinister race that our gov't is in cahoots with according to the guy i spoke with.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    This may be of some interest if you like local info. Here is a site to see whats been reported and where..:D

http://www.nuforc.org/ main site

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports.html by event/state/shape/date

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxlLA.html Louisiana reports

Here's an example:
    National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report Occurred : 2/16/2009 14:14 (Entered as : 02/16/2009 14:14)
    Reported: 2/17/2009 7:12:32 AM 07:12
    Posted: 3/19/2009
    Shape: Sphere
    Duration:5 minutes
    During a baseball practice, trainer had "out of body experience". Entire team witnessed small craft hovering over center field.:eek3::eek3::eek3:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Hmm. A friend described to me different races of aliens that come up in the circles that believe. Now I took all of this w/ a grain of salt to humor and not offend but he described to me one race. It sounded quite similar to yours. Were they sort of Nordic looking like the people of northern Europe. Like those of Viking decent. Just wondering?

Yes

Top Bottom