Fort Hood Active Shooter 4.2.2014

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    News Breaking Everywhere.....

Fort Hood has confirmed there has been "an incident" on the post and police are on the scene, according to Ryan Wood, a producer at WFAA Channel 8.

A U.S. Army official confirmed to NBC that a shooting had occurred on the post.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fort-hood-incident-2014-4

--------------

The picture comes from the Fort Hood Herald in November 2010.
    The caption accompanying the photo reads:
    Spc. Ivan Lopez, 1st Battalion, Warrior Transition Brigade,
    ties a fly during an instructional class Nov. 3 at Fort Hood.

hoodshooter.jpg

////

Last edited:

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    The real F-UP thing is that all military installations are gun free zones. Fort Polk changed it regulation on firearms a few years ago and I have not used the MWR range since as I will not register my weapons. In order to have a firearm on Fort Polk you must register it, keep the firearm and all ammo in the unit arms room if single, if living in housing it must be locked and the ammo locked up in a separate location. If active duty living off post you must still register you weapons. To transport the firearm it must be in the trunk or truck tool box or bed of the truck the ammo must be stored separate out of reach of anyone in the vehicle, travel directly to the MWR range or authorized hunting location, no stops authorized, no storing the weapon in a vehicle anywhere. So even if you have a registered firearm you would never be able to use it to defend yourself or your family/co-workers. Yep you can have a basic load of ammo for your assigned weapon(s) down range, but cannot be trusted at home. I am retired and have a CCP, but have to go to work every day unarmed due to the post regulation or face federal firearms charge.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Too many conflicting stories from all the big news sources so far. One says 1 dead, 8 wounded and another says 4 dead, 14 wounded.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Locking down/shelter in place orders make sense at an office building or school. But its very odd , considering they house thousands of people trained to defend the nation, when a military base gets that order. Its a visual of a very shameful nature of laws and readiness at a facility that should always be "locked and loaded"

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The picture comes from the Fort Hood Herald in November 2010.
    The caption accompanying the photo reads:
    Spc. Ivan Lopez, 1st Battalion,
    Warrior Transition Brigade,
    ties a fly during an instructional class Nov. 3 at Fort Hood.

hoodshooter.jpg

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    PTSD + mental illness with no treatment!
    The majority of veterans who suffer with mental health issues will commit suicide before harming anyone else. very sad
    What is very sad is that guns will be blamed instead of trying to help people with mental health issues. After all, it is easier to simply clean up the mess after the shooting instead of exploring the hard solutions.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    PTSD + mental illness with no treatment!
    The majority of veterans who suffer with mental health issues will commit suicide before harming anyone else. very sad
    What is very sad is that guns will be blamed instead of trying to help people with mental health issues. After all, it is easier to simply clean up the mess after the shooting instead of exploring the hard solutions.
    Yep....THIS

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The real F-UP thing is that all military installations are gun free zones. Fort Polk changed it regulation on firearms a few years ago and I have not used the MWR range since as I will not register my weapons. In order to have a firearm on Fort Polk you must register it, keep the firearm and all ammo in the unit arms room if single, if living in housing it must be locked and the ammo locked up in a separate location. If active duty living off post you must still register you weapons. To transport the firearm it must be in the trunk or truck tool box or bed of the truck the ammo must be stored separate out of reach of anyone in the vehicle, travel directly to the MWR range or authorized hunting location, no stops authorized, no storing the weapon in a vehicle anywhere. So even if you have a registered firearm you would never be able to use it to defend yourself or your family/co-workers. Yep you can have a basic load of ammo for your assigned weapon(s) down range, but cannot be trusted at home. I am retired and have a CCP, but have to go to work every day unarmed due to the post regulation or face federal firearms charge.

Yea, I don't like the new rule, but I do enjoy that range.
    It's not like filling out the form now ties you to that weapon forever.
    Remember this is LA. We're allowed to sell firearms without paperwork,
    so it's not really like a legit (Weapon Registration).

It is STUPID though, b/c once again, what does it do for ACTUAL Safety?....not a Damn Thing!

Top Bottom