Fort Polk?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Hitman I am open for any day.

Well I work on Polk, and we used to go the first Wednesday of every month during our Lunch Break.
    Usually from around 1130 to 1300.

After hours and weekends I'm a busy man with extracurricular activities up to my eye balls! :mamoru:

Let me know and I might can adjust some time. Going to be hard though with the wife having one in the oven ready to come out any day now :)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I used to shoot at Ft.Polk. But I had to run to the range in all my gear. But at least I didn't have to pay for the ammo. :D

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    Question. I do not know where the range is on Ft. Polk and the location may not be a problem, but if I am not military and I want to shoot... How do you get wepons onto the base?

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Question. I do not know where the range is on Ft. Polk and the location may not be a problem, but if I am not military and I want to shoot... How do you get wepons onto the base?

Don't think that's possible now days, not by yourself.
    To get on Fort Polk these days, you have to have a Military ID of some sort. Gov, Contractor, or Active Duty/Retired.

You have to have one of these to get a day pass or base sticker.

However, if your with a SPONSOR as in anyone with the above credentials, your good to go. So if you link up with someone to pick you up outside the gates your all good.

As far as firearms on base it's a NON issue for Civilians. Civilians simply have to have them unloaded and separate upon entering the installation. As in Firearms behind the seat or in their case and ammo in the front on the passenger floorboard. Just an example.

Civilian Guards are no longer guarding the gates on Ft. Polk since the loom of the Gov. Shutdown/Cutback last week.

What does this mean? Well the Soldiers aren't as LEARNED on the Rules and Regs for Civilians on base. Just for giggles I asked one of them a while back about how to transport my firearm on base to shoot at the Range. She promptly said, "Sir you cannot bring guns on base!" I said, are you aware there is a PUBLIC RANGE on base for CIVILIANS to shoot at? "Oh, Really" she said. I said "yes" and if you look to your right 5 ft in front your face it TELLS ME how to bring them on base on that 6' by 6' sign. :doh: She turns and looks at it then looks at me and says, "I guess your right". Headsmack again.

I can provide the regs that show that civilians are allowed to bring guns on base for the purpose of shooting at the range etc. if you want that is.

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    Well, I went on Ft. Polk today to get my daughter that stayed at a friends house last night, It wasn't as much of a pain to get on as I had anticipated. I told the guard that I had my pistol and I had taken the mag out of it and put the mag in my console, He told me that I had to put the gun in the glove box and the mag under the back seat of the truck (so as not to be easily acessible). He also informed me that if I did this I didn't even have to tell them about it as I would be legal. So not painful at all. So I will be going to the shooting range soon. Thanks for all the info. Just thought I should share this for anyone that may be wanting to go to the range, but like me wasn't sure if we could get on base.

Top Bottom