Found a cat on I10.........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • passgas55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    South LA
    Saturday evening as I was heading east around mile marker 218. This is about 3 miles before you get into Kenner. The cat was on the railing pretty scared. I stop to pick it up. I got it with no problems and noticed this cat was injured bad on its rear leg. Try calling around but being the weekend the shelters were close. I did bring the cat to the vet today. Told me story and the vet said from the injuries it look like it was thrown out of a moving vehicle. the injuries were pretty servere and said it may be best to put it down. I signed the papers to put it down. I sure wish I could catch the person who done this. The cat was a calico, had a collar with a bell. I know sometimes feral animals need to be taken out but to throw a cat with a collar on I10.......

(I did post this story on another gun site, big mistake)

Last edited:

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I had to have one put down that i found. It came to my house dragging its hind legs. We were guessing it was hit by a car. The vet offered to do it for free but I paid her anyway. She, too, was a calico.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I don't like animal abuse. Killing varmint is one thing, but making one suffer is another. It really, really pisses me off.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Anyone that would do that to a pet, whether or not you like cats, deserves to be thrown out of a moving vehicle themselves.

This. I strongly agree with this. I was about to say the same thing, but add: if I had found that cat, I would have grounded up a little bit of my pain medicine in some meat for the kitty just to help her feel better. And I don't like cats!

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    We had a dog fall out the back of the truck at about 50 mph while going to the vet, granted we put up signs and searched for 3 days until someone called and gave us a location where they saw her. Went to that spot and found her about 100 yards in the woods. Took her to the vet and she had nothing wrong.

If someone threw the cat out thats messed up.

Top Bottom