Found a great 215 Lumen LED light

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I head they are made by taurus and will blow up in your hand and batteries will go flying thru the air and kill kittens...

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    How long did it take for Delivery...I'm thinking Cheap "Cool" Christmas gifts.

Umm Id say about 2 weeks. It was free shipping, you do need to sign for it when it comes in, since I missed the first, and apparently only attempt to deliver it :mad:, I had to go pick it up.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    At Dealextreme.com. Just received it few days ago. Was originally hesitant about ordering from a Hong Kong seller but absolutely great transaction. Got it for $17 that included shipping. They sent it Registered mail, couldn't believe it.

Talk about a bright, well made light this is it. I have it loaded with 2 AA batteries and it is probably 5 times as bright as our 3D Maglite. You can unscrew the extension (used with 2 AA bats) and the light isn't but about 3 inches long. In that config. it uses a CR123A Lithium, and although I haven't tried it that way yet, they say it is about 20% brighter than with the AA's.

Folks, I can't tell you how bright and how far this small light shines in print, it is uncanny. We like it so much we ordered 3 more. This light is 215 Lumens rated and I believe it.

Just wanted to let yall know.

New batch of (3) lights just arrived today. Couldn't be happier about these powerful little wonders.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'll say this, I get tickled every time I pick it up and turn it on. It's well made and for $16.99 plus 1 CENT shipping, it by far has to be the best buy on the market. They even send it via Registered mail. Like I said, we ordered 3 more.

I think Dropping Acid will make you do things like this!:crazy:

Are you seriously going to trust a $17 flashlight to save you?

Post us some pictures of you final rig outfit...That would be very interesting!

Seriously...You may want to rethink some of these ideas! You may be putting some poor Rescue Team in unnecessary danger.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I'll say this, I get tickled every time I pick it up and turn it on. It's well made and for $16.99 plus 1 CENT shipping, it by far has to be the best buy on the market. They even send it via Registered mail. Like I said, we ordered 3 more.

I think Dropping Acid will make you do things like this!:crazy:

Are you seriously going to trust a $17 flashlight to save you?

Post us some pictures of you final rig outfit...That would be very interesting!

Seriously...You may want to rethink some of these ideas! You may be putting some poor Rescue Team in unnecessary danger.

People put rescue teams on the busy all over America. If it weren't for "trailblazers" the rescue teams would go out of business.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    i agree, which is why if YOU use the rescue team YOU need to pay them!

Alot of them are volunteers. Others are usually already on the taxpayers payroll. It would be illegal for them to get paid "extra" for what they are already getting paid for. Wouldn't want to be the cause of that.

Everything has its risks. Just crossing the street is a hazard. No adventurist ever wants to get into a hairy situation but sometimes things happen. You take the good with the bad and make a lemon pie out of the bad.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Are you sure it's ONLY a flashlight??? :rofl: I'm looking now, holy crap, they have like 6 pages of flashlights....

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Are you sure it's ONLY a flashlight??? :rofl: I'm looking now, holy crap, they have like 6 pages of flashlights....

You bet and go to their pages of accessories for their lights, page after pages of goodies. Of all the items I have bought in my lifetime this little powerhouse is one of my favorites. I hope some of yall will get yourself one for Christmas.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    so how is the battery life?

and...

have you dropped it yet?:D

Honestly if you're going into a cave with 3 handheld lights like that, someone is gonna drop one at some point, it would be nice to know wether or not it can take it before that happens and your lives depend on it...

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

and...

Honestly if you're going into a cave with 3 handheld lights like that, someone is gonna drop one at some point, it would be nice to know wether or not it can take it before that happens and your lives depend on it...

At least someone gets my point.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.

and...

I was reading some reviews and with AA alkaline they are going about 4 hours continuous. I think if you use AA 1.5 volt lithiums it would be 3 to 5x that. Don't know with the Lithium cr123a. I did drop it onto my carpet from head high (about 6') with no problems.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I was reading some reviews and with AA alkaline they are going about 4 hours continuous. I think if you use AA 1.5 volt lithiums it would be 3 to 5x that. Don't know with the Lithium cr123a. I did drop it onto my carpet from head high (about 6') with no problems.

You going in carpeted caves?

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    You going in carpeted caves?

Why don't I get a hammer and do a "beat it to death" test, maybe that would make some of you happy. Har-har. I cannot afford to try to destroy everything I might buy just to see what it's limitations might be. And yes, our cave is carpeted with central air and heat.

Top Bottom