Framed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    There are a lot of cops I would trust, in a heartbeat. A few I wouldn't (here in St. Martinville, mostly), but a lot I would. I've never had a problem with it before.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It's not about trusting Cops in general.

However if you are in trouble or it looks like you could be in trouble/arrest,
    'SHUT YOUR MOUTH' and request a lawyer.

Anyone that has ever read these kind of stories should know that.

Anything you say can be used against you, EVEN BEFORE you've been read your rights :rolleyes:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's not about trusting Cops in general.
    However if you are in trouble or it looks like you could be in trouble/arrest,
    'SHUT YOUR MOUTH' and request a lawyer.
    Anyone that has ever read these kind of stories should know that.
    Anything you say can be used against you, EVEN BEFORE you've been read your rights

This is wise and intelligent. As is often the case what PC said is stupid. You trust cops everyday whether or not you realize it. Seriously you can find much worse examples of Police Misconduct on the internet than this one. It's out there and it happens. So PC in your world; are the tens of thousands of cops that do their jobs well everyday and loose sleep at night wondering if they handles a case throughly and correctly untrustworthy? This case has nothing to do with trust it has to do with prudence. When you are being interviewed byt the Police they are doing it for a reason. Just because you think you did nothing wrong or you feel justified in your actions doesn't mean you are . You should always error on the side of caution. Ask for an Attorney and then SHUT UP. They cannot physically make you speak so don't.

I also find it comical that you always beef the foot soldiers. Your always berating the Cops, accusing them among other things of wanting to murder you and telling us how you would handle them etc. At the same time you never take issue with Attorneys, Judges, or Jurors. Odd to say the least. I don't know if a Cop cuckholed your wife, or if you applied for a Police Job and weren't hired because of some mental defect but seriously guy nobody is out to get you.

I have never encountered anybody either in person or on the web who spent as much time spewing vitriol and rhetoric. If you are this angry about living in a runaway Police State you have 2 choices; Work to effect change i.e. run for Sheriff in your parish, become a legislator and change the system you believe is so broken or move. I'm sure there aren't many countries in the world who couldn't use a Pre-Eminent expert on Gas and Oil. Are system at times can misfire and be dysfunctional but I challenge you to show me a better one.

Your rants are amusing for comic value but in the end they just increase the noise to signal ratio here. At best people read them agree and disagree and then move on at worst some poor idiot is gonna think you know what your talking about and get himself all easty westy in the system. I wouldn't want that on my conscious.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This is wise and intelligent. As is often the case what PC said is stupid. You trust cops everyday whether or not you realize it. Seriously you can find much worse examples of Police Misconduct on the internet than this one. It's out there and it happens. So PC in your world; are the tens of thousands of cops that do their jobs well everyday and loose sleep at night wondering if they handles a case throughly and correctly untrustworthy? This case has nothing to do with trust it has to do with prudence. When you are being interviewed byt the Police they are doing it for a reason. Just because you think you did nothing wrong or you feel justified in your actions doesn't mean you are . You should always error on the side of caution. Ask for an Attorney and then SHUT UP. They cannot physically make you speak so don't.

I also find it comical that you always beef the foot soldiers. Your always berating the Cops, accusing them among other things of wanting to murder you and telling us how you would handle them etc. At the same time you never take issue with Attorneys, Judges, or Jurors. Odd to say the least. I don't know if a Cop cuckholed your wife, or if you applied for a Police Job and weren't hired because of some mental defect but seriously guy nobody is out to get you.

I have never encountered anybody either in person or on the web who spent as much time spewing vitriol and rhetoric. If you are this angry about living in a runaway Police State you have 2 choices; Work to effect change i.e. run for Sheriff in your parish, become a legislator and change the system you believe is so broken or move. I'm sure there aren't many countries in the world who couldn't use a Pre-Eminent expert on Gas and Oil. Are system at times can misfire and be dysfunctional but I challenge you to show me a better one.

Your rants are amusing for comic value but in the end they just increase the noise to signal ratio here. At best people read them agree and disagree and then move on at worst some poor idiot is gonna think you know what your talking about and get himself all easty westy in the system. I wouldn't want that on my conscious.

boom_headshot.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Another BS case, know your rights, exercise your rights and stand up on solid legal grounds before you act.

The answers are there but some of us are too lazy to even search and believe the first thing that we hear or see

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Been posted before but outta sight outta mind...'member your rights are yours if you use them, if you give them away to the Po Po and the DA's of the world you just may become a number ( on your back )

Mouth Shut, Brain in Gear,

This is a 4 parter , don't stop at one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik[/ame]

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Ever watch the First 48 Hours on telrvision? At times they (police) don't have evidence and act like they do psyching the perp out. Some of the perps spill their guts. Others lawyer up.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I usually avoid PC's posts like the plague but couldn't resist this one...

A few things in this article really stood out to me...

Mr. Collins pried documents from wary prosecutors, tracked down reluctant witnesses and persuaded them, at least once through trickery, to reveal what allegedly went on before and at the trial where he was convicted of the high-profile 1994 murder of Rabbi Abraham Pollack.

Mr. Collins said he was home getting a haircut at the time.

The article made no mention of him having a witness to collaborate this alibi...Hmmmm

Under-supervised, he skipped school often, smoked a lot of pot and fathered the first of his children when he was 15.

When he was 16, he was arrested for a robbery. He says he was just waiting outside the store where a robbery took place.

"I was just standing there, mindin' my own business..." :eh:

"I became Kevin Beekman, district attorney's investigator, for about 25 minutes," Mr. Collins says. The fictitious Mr. Beekman said he needed to recreate documents lost in the Sept. 11, 2001, World Trade Center attack. When Mr. Diaz agreed to talk about his testimony, Mr. Collins routed the call through a phone in his mother's home so it could be recorded.

A con conning a con.....

Mr. Diaz said that before the trial, he had gone to Puerto Rico, in violation of his probation for marijuana possession. He agreed to return and testify against Mr. Collins, he said, only after prosecutors promised they would make sure his probation wasn't revoked.

And how do we know that Mr. Diaz was being truthful this time?

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Very interesting story. Though I see little or nothing to do with any of the police that were involved, I see a big civil suit on the way and a win for that guy. I would also say that Charles Hynes and Michael Vecchione should be thoroughly investigated and brought up on criminal charges. There are surely more sides, but from reading that story alone it appears the two of them knowingly and willingly lied.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Mr. Oliva wrote that he had been arrested a few weeks after the Pollack murder for a robbery he pulled in the building. He said the police asked about the rabbi's killing and he told them all he knew was that Mr. Collins had been arrested.

Detectives threatened to charge Mr. Oliva as an accessory, he wrote, and then made up a statement implicating Mr. Collins. Mr. Oliva wrote that he was so strung out and sleepy from a month-long run of "smoking & sniffin' dope" that he signed the statement, adding he "didn't even know what...I was signing."

But now, Mr. Oliva added, he wanted to help Mr. Collins, "because I know you got a rotten deal."

Another "trustworthy" con....

A witness had testified he called 911 and told of seeing Mr. Collins run past. But when Mr. Collins listened to the tape of 911 calls, none of the voices sounded like what he recalled this witness sounding like at the trial.

Mr. Collins obtained a tape of a prosecution interview with this witness, Angel Santos. He hired a voice expert to compare the interview tape with the tape of people calling 911. No matches.

Why only use voice analysis? Where were the phone records?

Mr. Santos and the other two main witnesses, Messrs. Diaz and Oliva, couldn't be reached for comment. Michael Harrison, Mr. Collins's court-appointed trial lawyer, said he couldn't remember whether he ever received the 911 tape because it was so long ago.

Imagine that...

Then the roof crashed down. Learning of Mr. Collins's impersonation of an investigator, state Justice Robert Holdman dismissed the appeal, declaring it to be "wholly without merit, conclusory, incredible, unsubstantiated, and, in significant part, to be predicated on a foundation of fraud." For good measure, he barred Mr. Collins from filing future requests for information.

But it's the truth your Honor, because I conned a con who would never lie to me....:mamoru:

Other newly discovered information suggested Mr. Oliva had briefly recanted his statement implicating Mr. Collins. A prosecutor preparing to fight Mr. Collins's appeal learned this from a retired detective, who said that Mr. Oliva recanted, then changed his mind again and stuck to his statement after the detective and several prosecutors spoke with him at the Brooklyn D.A.'s office.

And yet another example of a con being, well...a con....

So, basically your stating that your belief that everyone involved in the justice system from police officers to the DA's and so on are corrupt and you use this example of a case in which a bunch of ex-cons kept changing their stories and a man, who may or may not be innocent, went free?

Weak.....

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    There is a couple of things to look at here. One, how truthful are the recanting witnesses? Certain groups of people will stick together in an effort to fight the system well beyond the boundaries that most of us will ever understand. That is as far as I will take that statement, so read between, underneath, or on side the lines.
    Second, I don't understand how this is the police officers' fault.
    A jury of his peers judged him based off of the evidence and counter evidence presented. The DA didn't send him to jail. Twelve people, who would rather be spending their time somewhere, else did.
    Any outrage towards this would have to be founded on the belief of what the defendant argued.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I would like to believe that all police are always on the side of truth and justice, wouldn't that be a really great thing ??

It would be history and hopefully it will be the future...it ain't the present

The po po is just like me or you or anyone with a job with the slightest resonsibility. From time to time we are all likely to push or pull the " facts a little "

Problem with the po po doing it is what happened to this wrongfuly accused man who lost 15 years of his life.

Hope he gets a really big motorcycle

Note to friends
    I said all po po...I know some of you are above reproach and I appreciate that

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Yrdawg said:
    Problem with the po po doing it is what happened to this wrongfuly accused man who lost 15 years of his life.

I don't see much evidence to show where he was wrongfully accused, all I see are the statements of a bunch of ex-cons in which he was able to use to create a "shadow of a doubt" on his conviction...In order to believe that the "po po" are wrong, you have to believe that the words and statements of ex-cons are true....

There's actually nothing in there that proves his innocence...

If he is indeed guilty, the victim lost more than 15 years of his life...

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I don't see much evidence to show where he was wrongfully accused, all I see are the statements of a bunch of ex-cons in which he was able to use to create a "shadow of a doubt" on his conviction...In order to believe that the "po po" are wrong, you have to believe that the words and statements of ex-cons are true....

There's actually nothing in there that proves his innocence...

If he is indeed guilty, the victim lost more than 15 years of his life...

You want a " possibly innocent " man in jail...don't understand that.:(

He is released, he turned down a sure bet to get out in order to completely clear himself...
    some folks might want him back in jail for personal reasons like prejudice, but I am looking at the overall picture, the police and DA conspired to get a conviction and got caught.

Like it dosn't happen everyday somewhere.

Very few cops are dirty, Very few DA's are crooked,... these were.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    You want a " possibly innocent " man in jail...don't understand that.:(

He is released, he turned down a sure bet to get out in order to completely clear himself...
    some folks might want him back in jail for personal reasons like prejudice, but I am looking at the overall picture, the police and DA conspired to get a conviction and got caught.

Like it dosn't happen everyday somewhere.

Very few cops are dirty, Very few DA's are crooked,... these were.

No...if he is poss. innocent then he shouldn't be in jail...beyond a shadow of a doubt and all that good stuff...I mean, we all know OJ Simpson was possibly innocent, right?

I don't believe that he was "framed" like he's making himself out to be...That's the grounds that he's using for a multi-million dollar civil lawsuit, so of course he's going to paint that picture...He stands to benefit from it greatly...Heck, didn't OJ and his "Dream Team" proclaim at one time that he was solely being framed for racial reasons?

Like I said, the conspirations of the DA and the police are deductions made from the statements of ex-cons...Were they coerced into their statements or did they knowingly mislead voluntarily just for the sake of saving their own behinds (dropped charges, reduced sentences, etc) at the time? One will never know....

I just find this to be a poor example of corruption in the justice system...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom