Free Pizza if a Ukrainian buys a firearm or received a gun permit to protect their country.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    KYIV -- A pizza place in Ukraine’s capital held an unusual promotion earlier this month: Buy a gun, get a free pie.

Get a free medium or large pizza pie, that is -- eat-in only -- if you can show you purchased a firearm or received a gun permit in January.

The three-day offer was available at a central Kyiv franchise of nationwide chain Pizza Veterano -- a name that reflects the fact that the chain's owner, Leonid Ostaltsev, is a veteran of the nearly eight-year war against Kremlin-backed separatists in the eastern region known as the Donbas.

The promotion, Ostaltsev said, was a gesture of gratitude to Ukrainians who have bought or registered guns at a tense time when Russia has amassed more than 100,000 troops near its border with their country, igniting fears that Moscow could launch a major new offensive.

It also played into a growing discussion of gun ownership -- stoked by civilian training programs, the creation of regional defense units that would seek to defend the country against a large-scale attack, and other preparations taking place in the shadow of Moscow’s military buildup.

"I want to thank those citizens who, sensing the danger of the unpredictable movements of [Russia], make the right decisions and become owners of firearms," Ostaltsev wrote on Facebook, using an expletive to describe Ukraine's much larger neighbor.

Grosbec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    White Castle
    KYIV -- A pizza place in Ukraine’s capital held an unusual promotion earlier this month: Buy a gun, get a free pie.

Get a free medium or large pizza pie, that is -- eat-in only -- if you can show you purchased a firearm or received a gun permit in January.

The three-day offer was available at a central Kyiv franchise of nationwide chain Pizza Veterano -- a name that reflects the fact that the chain's owner, Leonid Ostaltsev, is a veteran of the nearly eight-year war against Kremlin-backed separatists in the eastern region known as the Donbas.

The promotion, Ostaltsev said, was a gesture of gratitude to Ukrainians who have bought or registered guns at a tense time when Russia has amassed more than 100,000 troops near its border with their country, igniting fears that Moscow could launch a major new offensive.

It also played into a growing discussion of gun ownership -- stoked by civilian training programs, the creation of regional defense units that would seek to defend the country against a large-scale attack, and other preparations taking place in the shadow of Moscow’s military buildup.

"I want to thank those citizens who, sensing the danger of the unpredictable movements of [Russia], make the right decisions and become owners of firearms," Ostaltsev wrote on Facebook, using an expletive to describe Ukraine's much larger neighbor.
    I wonder if the Ukrainian government will ease up on its gun ownership laws once this is all over. Provided they win of course.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    That's how it should be here but include silencers, SBR's, bump stocks, high capacity magazines, etc. It don't matter if you like or dislike it.
    Shall not Infringe, Period.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I wonder if the Ukrainian government will ease up on its gun ownership laws once this is all over. Provided they win of course.
    probaby won't have a choice. That would be one hell of a massive confiscation ordeal to get all those weapons back from so many citizens. And we all know, few if many at all are going to hand them over willingly. I'd really like to know where they are getting their mags/ammo however. there's no mention of that. I'm guessing they have sporting good stores, and other avenues or procurement like we do?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    probaby won't have a choice. That would be one hell of a massive confiscation ordeal to get all those weapons back from so many citizens. And we all know, few if many at all are going to hand them over willingly. I'd really like to know where they are getting their mags/ammo however. there's no mention of that. I'm guessing they have sporting good stores, and other avenues or procurement like we do?
    We sent them a ton of ammo, guns, magazines, ext. Funny how we can just willingly send this stuff to another country but yet they want so badly to take everything away from us.

Top Bottom