fresh vanilla beans,beer brewing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ok so i got my bourbon porter kit today for my birthday and i need to find some really fresh high quality vanilla beans,,in the pods hopefully..i found some online but i would like to buy some here instead of having them mailed,,gonzales,baton rouge area will be willing to travel a little if the quality is right,,,,will even throw in a couple bottles of ,,a vanilla bourbon porter when im finished brewing,,,(wich will be ready by next winter if i brew it in the spring of this year,,give it time to mature and blend properly)

also any adice on a good bourbon,,,right now im looking at using knob creek bourbon,,,but im willing to use a higher end bourbon to keep it smooth and mellow...

if this works out im also gonna try a vanilla rum porter or stout

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    No clue where to find that, possibly a chinese market or one of those health food places. Sounds tasty.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i dont know about the new thing,its always been done,,,i got into it because i got tired of paying 4 to 8 dollars for 20oz of good beer,,,and not just imports there are some really good domestic beers but they mostley come from micro/macro breweries...

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Sweet, thanks Shannon. I may actually get into making my own once I clean out the garage. That and reloading ammo, lol.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    depends on the kit,theres a tons of diffrent styles and typs of beer,,and 3 diffrent kits for each beer...im still a pup when it comes to brewing so the kits i order comes with everything you need all ready measured and time stamped,,telling you when to put in the ingredients,,,depending on the beer/style 20 to 40something for a kit...most kits are measured out and brew 5 gallons ata time.once you get good you can make your own recipes or follow someone elses and buy everything you need and measure it yourself starting with a format and tweeking it to your taste,,,its like the diffrence between your moms box cake and your crandmas home made cake from scratch,,both are good just diffrent..

basic equipment, everything you need,,about 80 to 120 bucks.. if you ad a few bells and whistles over time a little more money here and there,,,then bottles and some cleaning suplies....

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    for the record,5gals makes about 52=12oz beers i use 20oz bottles because thats to much work fillinf all those bottles.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea,ive read that,,but what i want to do,,wile the beer is ferminting i want it to soak on a couple beans,,just like the vodka,,so it will infuse the taste,not just be a over powering flavor additive,,i want it to be mellow taste to compliment the bourbon in the beer

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Hey, try World Market at the mall of LA, and try Whole foods in Baton Rouge on Corporate.....I love Whole Foods...expensive but always have fresh stuff....pretty much anything you are looking for!

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ok or ill go to hole foods,,i was just looking for something freasher or maybe a bigger variety didnt know if some of the farmer markets had them or if there was some speciality stores,,this is my frist time looking for vanilla beans besides online

Top Bottom