Friend of mine was murdered in Lafayette.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    http://www.katc.com/player/?video_id=4883
    I don't know if the vid will work embedded.

http://www.katc.com/news/victims-hometown-reacts-to-brutal-murder/

Kenny was a childhood friend of mine. I went to elementary and 2 years of high school with him until Katrina, then he moved to Alexandria and I moved up here. I used to go to his house in the barracks when we lived out in chalmette. He was a good friend, soldier, and an all around great guy that was willing to help anybody out. It saddens me that some people can really be that cruel and do something to someone like Kenny.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Whats the story on this?

Sorry to hear about your friend but are there any suspects as yet? Any motive for his death?

Nothing yet.

My friends roommate is in critical care. The 3rd roommate came back and found them in the house and made the call to 911.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I am truly sorry for the loss to you and to the family and friends...
    I too will pray for everyones well being...

Dawg

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Sorry for your loss.
    From what all the news stories are saying, his murder has had a sobering affect on the campus.
    Prayers sent for he & his roommate.

Art

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    http://www.katc.com/player/?video_id=4883
    I don't know if the vid will work embedded.

http://www.katc.com/news/victims-hometown-reacts-to-brutal-murder/

Kenny was a childhood friend of mine. I went to elementary and 2 years of high school with him until Katrina, then he moved to Alexandria and I moved up here. I used to go to his house in the barracks when we lived out in chalmette. He was a good friend, soldier, and an all around great guy that was willing to help anybody out. It saddens me that some people can really be that cruel and do something to someone like Kenny.

Dave, I went to high school with Kenny. I can't believe this. This is two friends gone in three weeks time.

Kenny was such a nice guy. I'm in shock.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I was stationed on fort eustis with him

he was in my company....
    I never thought this would happen to him

if you didnt post this I would have never known. Im raging and pretty upset over this.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm very sorry to hear about this, Dave....Prayers sent to you, your friend, and his loved ones- and also to the roommate and his family. May everyone involved somehow find comfort during this terrible time....

May the monster who carried out this horrific crime be taken down as soon as possible.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks for keeping everyone in your prayers. I can only imagine how Mrs. Stacey, his mom, must feel. I hope the find the person/persons that did this.

Mitcheal, they were both beaten with a "metal object."

Phoenix 6.0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    this happened a block from my house. i got home from work thursday to see police cars and caution tape right down the road. so far very little information has been released.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I was goin to class Thursday when I heard the police coming. When I left class I passed and they had the house taped off. My ex girlfriends sister lived In that house 2 or 3 semsters ago.

Sorry to hear about the lose of your friend. Prayers will go out to his family and friends. Hopefully the animals who did this arebrought to justice!

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I still believe that immediate, PUBLIC punishment would help to maybe, just maybe, stop most of the violent crime. Public hanging should be the norm. Once convicted the punishment should be carried out in 3 days, in public.

So sorry for your loss Dave. My prayers go out to you and his family and friends.

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm glad they got the SOBs.

I'm still in shock that Kenny is gone. He was the nicest guy in the world. Always smiling and laughing; he never had a bad thing to say about anyone.

I'll never forget this one time in PE freshman year. Kenny was in 8th grade, and there was this sophomore asshat who thought he was so hard. He started pushing on Kenny, trying to taunt him into a fight. In about 2 seconds flat, Kenny dropped his ass, locked him down on the ground, and applied a submission hold. Kenny, while smiling, quietly asked him, "You gonna stop now?"

RIP man.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom