Friend shot and killed last night...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flatswitch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    So I got the news this morning that a friend of mine was killed in what sounds like a home invasion last night around 11pm in the St. Roch neighborhood. It just blows my mind, and of course there are no suspects, New Orleans at its finest... On Christmas eve no less, I hope they catch the m---------ker that did it.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    Very sorry to hear about it. I was watching the updates come in on project nola. There were a few shootings last night.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    My condolences to you and his family, I lost my best friend about a month ago due to a robbery as well, he refussed to give them his cellphone and they murdered him over it.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I never liked that area, and tell my friends all the time, but the rents cheap... At what cost though.

Time to move out of that god forsaken city bro. There's nothing left there. I know there are some who cling to the heritage and whatever mystique there is about living in N.O. but seriously the "natives" are getting out of control. A long commute to work is definately worth your personal safety.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    So I got the news this morning that a friend of mine was killed in what sounds like a home invasion last night around 11pm in the St. Roch neighborhood. It just blows my mind, and of course there are no suspects, New Orleans at its finest... On Christmas eve no less, I hope they catch the m---------ker that did it.

My condolences and I hope they find and fry the morons who did this.

My condolences to you and his family, I lost my best friend about a month ago due to a robbery as well, he refussed to give them his cellphone and they murdered him over it.

Did they ever find out more to this or even found out who did it?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not much I can say to comfort you and his family and friends but my heartfelt condolences.

I cannot comprehend how someone could MURDER another human being. It's just not a part of me, I guess. Even though I do not know either of you it leaves me numb just to think about it.

What price for material goods ill gotten??? What price to take a man's life for such goods?? Absolutely unreal, yet very much real.

I chose a 98 mile commute (carpooling) to NOLA as opposed to moving to Slidell (still NOLA to me) due to the crime rate or perception of same but the same thing can (and has) happened in BTR.

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers, brother.

petelanca

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Grand Lake 70607
    fbi2051025jpg-c6e9d5f8b3f18dff.jpg

We need to boycot all NOLA activity until there is some kind of corrective action and results. My understanding only 21% are solved in comparison to an average of 36% elsewhere.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Really tuff any time and especially this time of year. God Bless

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    We need to boycot all NOLA activity until there is some kind of corrective action and results. My understanding only 21% are solved in comparison to an average of 36% elsewhere.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Really tuff any time and especially this time of year. God Bless

Martial law?

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    fbi2051025jpg-c6e9d5f8b3f18dff.jpg

We're doing good in Ascension Parish. We average MAYBE 4 per year committed, with 100% solved. We are also the fastest growing parish in the state. Hopefully we can keep up our track record!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    My best friend was killed 2/4/1988 in an armed robbery. It never really stops hurting, but it does ease up as the years go by. It's not a lot of consulation that the POS is in Angola for life but it helps with closure.
    The only real peace you or his family are going to find is in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you don't have one, find a Bible-believing church and talk with the pastor. My prayers are with ya'll.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom