Frog Lube

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    Someone told me about the is stuff a while ago and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience using it first hand

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I ordered some of the paste and have been using it on handguns.

Other than the fact that it smells good and doesn't make a mess, I don't know that it's any better than a number of the lubricants I've used prior.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Use it on everything, love it. I did the full heat treatment.

Let's face it, for the most part lube is lube and it doesn't do anything magical. However it smells good, is non-toxic, I like the way it is applied and the best part is since it's a paste it stays put. No more oil running out of your rifles while standing up in the safe. As soon as it heats up (only takes one shot) it melts into a more traditional oil consistency. Then rethickens when cooled again.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There are many reviews on the net. Some buy into the "developed and used by a Navy Seal" hype and some do not.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    It smells so good, it almost makes you want to give it a little taste.

I couldn't care if it was used by the SEALS or made out of seals. I too did the heating prior to the first application. Pretty much echo what Speedracer said.

It is nice that it doesn't run, but when its applied on springs that don't get hot, it does tend to attract a minor amount of dust and so forth. I do notice that on areas that have been coated, carbon does not stick and easily wipes away with just a dry rag.

Give it a shot. I've wasted a lot more money on things that didn't work as well. I have a brand new bottle of MPro7 Copper remover I'm waiting to try, but with the Froglube, I haven't needed to use it so far.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Do any places sell it locally or it has to be ordered online?

I've looked in most every gun place in the BTR metro and haven't seen it. I ordered mine directly from their website. Got it about a week later and it's not real expensive even with shipping.

I've used it on old leather police gear just to see what it would do and it actually moisturized the stuff pretty well.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Jim's recently started carrying it.
    I've looked in most every gun place in the BTR metro and haven't seen it. I ordered mine directly from their website. Got it about a week later and it's not real expensive even with shipping.

I've used it on old leather police gear just to see what it would do and it actually moisturized the stuff pretty well.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I use the liquid, haven't tried the paste yet. It does smell really good, and since it's non-toxic it makes a handy mouthwash for when you're stuck on the range before date-night with the wife.

Silver03gt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Harvey, LA
    I have heard frog lube was good stuff. Me personally, I use Brian Enos slide glide. It's great stuff too. I'm sure they all do the same thing though.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I recently started using it. I prefer the paste over the liquid. And personally, I think it smells like skoal. But I do like that it lubes my gun pretty well with out being oily. And it does seem to "season" the metal after a couple applications. even cold my PPQ's slide feels like it moves easier than it ever did on Remoil.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Have both paste and liquid. This stuff is Fantastic on the AR15 platform especially for matches and classes. Been using it for a couple yrs and will continue to do so. When it heats up in this platform, she runs wet without the splatter of oil. I don't clean my Ar's after every use but when I do a break them down, the carbon wipes right off with a cloth. I use the paste when the rifles are broken down and have the liquid in my range bag for an occasional squirt into the action midway through the class/match. As for handguns, I use MPRO7. For my hunting guns, I also use the MPRO7 b/ I figure its cold during the season and only get one shot. I need the lubrication from the get go. Frog lube kicks on after the second and third shot. I'm sure FL would work well in my hunting rifles as well but for my own piece of mind, I'll stick to the MPRO7 for them.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    I've switched to Froglube and it works really well. It lubes up everything pretty good and the guns just wipe clean after shooting.

I used a heat gun that you use to remove wall paper with to treat mine and it worked fine. My brother put his in the BBQ and heated them up. I think it's awesome and cleaning them up after the range is easy peezy.

I'm 99% certain the whole bio based food grade ingredient is just carnauba wax with a fresh scent added. Can't say for certain but I'd be willing to bet that's all it is.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom