Froglube?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone had any experience with this stuff? I've been using Hoppe's Elite for some time now, but I'm curious about this froglube. Any input, regarding Froglube, would be greatly appreciated.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Three excellent pistol lubricants without the hype and high price.
    Mobil 1 is an excellent pistol lubricant.
    Dextron ATF is an excellent pistol lubricant.
    Three parts Mobil 1 20W50 and one part Dextron ATF is an excellent pistol lubricant.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Three parts Mobil 1 20W50 and one part Dextron ATF is an excellent pistol lubricant.

But those don't smell minty fresh or have a teenage mutant ninja frog on the front.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge

I've had nothing but success with the Hoppe's, but I like the concept of the Froglube. It's a treatment rather than an application. But, I've heard that Mobil 1 works pretty great too. FWIW, I plan on using the Froglube on all of my firearms. Ar's and handguns.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I ran it for the GF1 course last Saturday and had no problems. Although, there were 12-15 other people in the class that had no problems, and I'm positive they weren't all running Froglube. I can say though that my right hip and gun cabinet smells amazing!:mamoru:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've had nothing but success with the Hoppe's, but I like the concept of the Froglube. It's a treatment rather than an application. But, I've heard that Mobil 1 works pretty great too. FWIW, I plan on using the Froglube on all of my firearms. Ar's and handguns.

WeaponShield, Hoppe's Elite and Breakfreee all work well. I would not get caught up in the "treatment" hype.
    There are many threads on Froglube and others that claimed the "treatment" as well. Some positive and some negative.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They all work. FrogLube smells good and most importantly stays in the gun. Put Mobil 1 in a rifle and stick it in the safe for a month and see how much runs out.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    They all work. FrogLube smells good and most importantly stays in the gun. Put Mobil 1 in a rifle and stick it in the safe for a month and see how much runs out.

That's my only issue with my current lube. I know that the Froglube will stay put. Not a huge deal, but it is what it is.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I've tried them all. I bought a bottle of Froglube to see what the big deal is all about. We'll see in a couple week's at Carbine I&II how it does, although everything in my carbine is coated in NP3 and doesn't need a whole bunch of lube. But my Hk sidearm will get a full treatment.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've tried them all. I bought a bottle of Froglube to see what the big deal is all about. We'll see in a couple week's at Carbine I&II how it does, although everything in my carbine is coated in NP3 and doesn't need a whole bunch of lube. But my Hk sidearm will get a full treatment.

Keep us up to date sir

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Considering Beretta comes treated with a special lube, I wonder if Frog Lube would be better? anyone?
    (Might have to e-mail them and ask?)

Anyway I liked the way Chris Costa explained what he thought about Frog Lube here;

Top Bottom