From Obama, the Tax Cut Nobody Heard Of

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    In a troubling sign for Democrats as they head into the midterm elections, their signature tax cut of the past two years, which decreased income taxes by up to $400 a year for individuals and $800 for married couples, has gone largely unnoticed.

I pay over $25,000 a year in income taxes. An $800 cut is not very meaningful to me :mad:

Besides, since when is taking about 3% less of the money I worked for, supposed to be a GOOD thing? You're still ripping me off to pay for programs that I don't stand a chance of benefiting from.

Obama can talk to me when he learns to live within his means, like we do.:mad::mad::mad:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I believe the original poster was saying that Obama is taking less of your money than the previous administration was taking. The entire point of the cut is that it's not supposed to be meaningful to you. It's supposed to help the economy. If it was meaningful to you you'd save it instead of spending it. We need people to start spending again to prevent a spiral of deflation.

BTW I paid right at $70,000 last year in federal income taxes I'm very pleased with what I got for my money.

Last edited:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I paid more last year than I ever have. Gone down my ass, and I don't make a lot at all. I had to pay an additional $2k when I did my taxes in April on top of the money already spent.

Total taxes was right at about 20-25k if I had to guess, including SS, Medicare, and all the other BS they take.

seven-up

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Franklinton, LA
    Personally, I would have rather received a $400 dollar check as a "stimulus" instead of $15.38 every few weeks in my pay check. I could have bought another gun. There it would have been spent. Or I could have put the 400 bux in the market and made a few dollars or lost my butt. To each their own. Instead, I get my extra 15 bux every two weeks to spend on a couple meals at some some fast food joint, or put it into my retirement account as it is extra money that I don't have to have for my budget. But the most ironic thing of all? When I google "what can i buy with 15.38". The very first link is to "A Nation of Victims: The Decay of the American Character" on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nation-Victims-Decay-American-Character/dp/0312098820"]Amazon[/ame] for $15.38. How fitting is that? This extra $15.38 has made me a victim. So, where's my check?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I believe the original poster was saying that Obama is taking less of your money than the previous administration was taking. The entire point of the cut is that it's not supposed to be meaningful to you. It's supposed to help the economy. If it was meaningful to you you'd save it instead of spending it. We need people to start spending again to prevent a spiral of deflation.

BTW I paid right at $70,000 last year in federal income taxes I'm very pleased with what I got for my money.

I thought they were sunseting the Bush Tax cuts???

Or is this a continuance of it like they discussed?

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    i would be happy to pay big taxes at this point..... the job market for young folk absolutely sucks...its either $10/hr or you need 25 yrs experience....its crazy. for a 26 y/o with no degree(yet), i have a very impressive resume, yet the job market is sooooo tight and companies even with long track records of low turnover have had major amounts of layoffs.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    i would be happy to pay big taxes at this point..... the job market for young folk absolutely sucks...its either $10/hr or you need 25 yrs experience....its crazy. for a 26 y/o with no degree(yet), i have a very impressive resume, yet the job market is sooooo tight and companies even with long track records of low turnover have had major amounts of layoffs.

No one, and I mean no one accepts $10 per hour. If I could find anyone willing to work for $10 per hour I'd be a wealthy man. I'd have killed people for $10 an hour ten yeas ago. Today, Mexican illegal immigrants in front of Lowes won't take that. No one works for $10 per hour.

I'll tell you this: If your credentials can convince my client that you can solve their problems I will pay you $60 per hour. The problem is that a college degree or ten years flipping burgers amount to the same thing. No evidence that the client will benefit from your expertise.

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    No one, and I mean no one accepts $10 per hour. If I could find anyone willing to work for $10 per hour I'd be a wealthy man. I'd have killed people for $10 an hour ten yeas ago. Today, Mexican illegal immigrants in front of Lowes won't take that. No one works for $10 per hour.

I'll tell you this: If your credentials can convince my client that you can solve their problems I will pay you $60 per hour. The problem is that a college degree or ten years flipping burgers amount to the same thing. No evidence that the client will benefit from your expertise.
    My wife is working 50+ hours a week at $7.25/hr and we are damn grateful to get that! On the 1st, she will start taking home LESS but she will have Insurance again thank God! Yes, it's still not enough to put a roof over our heads, not and pay for food and a car note and insurance for them too. We are depending on my Social Security to kick in and cover that here in the next 2 to 3 months and then we can live on our own again.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Jesus, HH. Sorry to hear about your situation. Your wife should know that illegals standing outside Lowes will walk away from your car if you offer them $10 an hour.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That happened to us at work...state employees...but most everyone got hit at end of year for about the amount not deducted

I'd have to go with smoke and mirrors

Top Bottom