FT: Ruger 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KWA22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Taylor, LA
    Putting the 10/22 back up for trade, looking to get my first SD or open carry handgun, so anything in the 9mm, .357, .38spl, .40, .45, category are welcome. it has a Winchester bipod, 2.5lb trigger job, I have no idea what kind of barrel is on it, Its unmarked except for the warning and has LH rifling instead of RH. also never seen one with fluting at the crown. has 1 bx25 and bx10 mag, all bearing suffices are polished giving it a super smooth action, over travel screw in trigger guard which is made of polymer. got it NIB in december 2011. Im located in Minden, LA. willing to travel to shreveport or west monroe or anywhere in between PM or Call/Text 318-607-2077

100_0823.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0822.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0819.jpg

100_0818.jpg

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I have no idea what kind of barrel is on it, Its unmarked except for the warning and has LH rifling instead of RH. also never seen one with fluting at the crown.

100_0825.jpg

It says Hogue Inc right there on the barrel. I've never heard of a Hogue barrel before, and the 20 minutes I just spent searching for one didn't produce any results. As for the fluting, I wonder if it was a 20" cut down to 16".

KWA22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Taylor, LA
    It says Hogue Inc right there on the barrel. I've never heard of a Hogue barrel before, and the 20 minutes I just spent searching for one didn't produce any results. As for the fluting, I wonder if it was a 20" cut down to 16".

I didn't think they made barrels too, because i too goggled it and came up empty

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    The only other barrel that I have seen with full length fluting is Clark.
    Do you mind if I post this pic on Rimfirecenteral.com as its pretty unique?

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    The barrel hasn't been cut down and is standard on that model 10/22. The bipod was probably included with the original purchase of the gun. I have seen this rifle on my distributors website in this configuration. Unless, the OP added all of this after the purchase, in which case I am wrong.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    The barrel hasn't been cut down and is standard on that model 10/22. The bipod was probably included with the original purchase of the gun. I have seen this rifle on my distributors website in this configuration. Unless, the OP added all of this after the purchase, in which case I am wrong.
    He had the same gun for sale in a different thread with a sporter barrel in it. He reprofiled the barrel channel and added that barrel a few days ago.

KWA22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Taylor, LA

Ben is right, it started out a bone stock 10/22 carbine. I added sling studs, bipod and as he said re profiled the barrel channel myself using a piece of sand paper and the barrel moving it back and forth in the channel until it fit snug. i cut off the front part of the stock where the barrel band use to go myself as well. everything except for the work to the trigger group i did myself.

KWA22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Taylor, LA
    3am bump

Really, no one wants this thing? maybe i should post some target data. It shoots very good even with Winchester white box bulk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom