Funny thing happened yesterday.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    lol that is great. Goat is seriously good though. I ate some goat in a gravy over rice when on a medical mission trip to Haiti, it was delicious. You should have asked Habib if he wanted to try a pulled pork sandwich!

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Yeah let's make somebody ridiculously uncomfortable for no reason, such a nice guy. Do you make fun of every Jewish person you meet like that? This kinda stuff is the reason people think southerners are dumb racists. Thanks for making us look like assholes so you could have a cool story to tell about a guy that did nothing but share a suggestion on where to get some of his favorite food. He got quiet because he likely caught on that you were intentionally being an *******.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Yeah let's make somebody ridiculously uncomfortable for no reason, such a nice guy. Do you make fun of every Jewish person you meet like that? This kinda stuff is the reason people think southerners are dumb racists. Thanks for making us look like assholes so you could have a cool story to tell about a guy that did nothing but share a suggestion on where to get some of his favorite food. He got quiet because he likely caught on that you were intentionally being an *******.

What he said. That's racist.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Agree 100%. Do you even know that he was Muslim? And why do you give one single **** about what somebody else's religion is? What about him made you feel like you needed to "put a death grip on my piece"?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Totally racist, but still funny. At school when I was young we had a little Islamic girl in our class. We had a function where we were at a petting zoo and they had an adorable little pot bellied pig that we were all petting and playing with, she cried because she wanted to play with it but couldn't.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    lighten-up-francis-o.gif

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Plus 10,000
    Glad to see some still have a pair!

Took my new truck in for it's first service and had to get the courtesy van to bring me to work. Made friends with the driver (retired Air Force) so I called him personally when my truck was done to come pick me up. When he arrives he had already picked up another passenger, and I'm not kidding here, who could have passed for Bin Laden's long lost son. I get in the back, buckle my seat belt and put a death grip on my piece. The driver, Dan, starts making conversation about places to eat for lunch and "Habib" pipes up about some restaurant that serves Goat Marsala (I can't make this stuff up) and that he should try it. This convo goes on for a few minutes until Dan asks me where I like to eat. Being from Lafayette I found a nice little Cajun place owned by a guy from Church Point called Zydeco Kitchen. Dan asked me "what they serve there?" Without missing a beat I start talking about the pork jambalaya, pork sausage, stuffed pork chops........and the conversation from the front passenger seat got ghostly quiet. When "Habib" got out at the dealership, Dan turned to me and said "That was on purpose, wasn't it?"

HELL YEAH!!!!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Yea, I usually like to make fun of the kids with peanut allergies in my sons class by eating a Snickers in front of them. It would be funnier if they got the joke. {sarcasm off}

All BS aside, I ate some cabrito in San Antonio that was amazing. My neighbor better watch those cabri in his field now. The "coyotes" might drag one off. :mamoru:

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    So I'm racist because I'm white, I'm racist because of my political views, and now I'm racist because I eat pork. Wow! The man asked me a question and I answered truthfully as to the things they serve there and now I'm a racist. Last I checked I live in a country where Freedom of Speech is a right. Sorry if I have offended you with my story, I guess I broke a few of the eggshells I've been walking on.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    So I'm racist because I'm white, I'm racist because of my political views, and now I'm racist because I eat pork. Wow! The man asked me a question and I answered truthfully as to the things they serve there and now I'm a racist. Last I checked I live in a country where Freedom of Speech is a right. Sorry if I have offended you with my story, I guess I broke a few of the eggshells I've been walking on.

When "Habib" got out at the dealership, Dan turned to me and said "That was on purpose, wasn't it?"

HELL YEAH!!!!

/\

You're racist because you were intentionally an ******* to somebody because of the way that they looked/dressed. How do you know he wasn't Hindu, or Sikh... or even Catholic, for that matter? Just because he was brown, you decided to go out of your way to make him feel like ****.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Oh and by the way, I have a coworker here who is Muslim, and whom I consider a good friend. We pick at each other all the time about this sort of thing. He chuckled when I relayed the story to him. Go figure...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom