Funny thing happened yesterday.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You get back in Lafayette, Look me up, Time for a Twin Peaks review!

So I'm racist because I'm white, I'm racist because of my political views, and now I'm racist because I eat pork. Wow! The man asked me a question and I answered truthfully as to the things they serve there and now I'm a racist. Last I checked I live in a country where Freedom of Speech is a right. Sorry if I have offended you with my story, I guess I broke a few of the eggshells I've been walking on.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    OBVIOUSLY some people get their feelings hurt more easily than others. Some people just don't have the same sense of humor I guess. I can't speak for Habib, but I am assuming if he was Hindu or Catholic he would have said "That sounds damn good!" or "I love pork!" and if was Muslim and he had a sense of humor like your co worker does, he probably would have laughed and came back at you with a smart ass remark. But maybe he was afraid to make a joke thinking you would pull out your gun and go all SOUTHERNER on his ass!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    It's not about how the other guy reacted. It's that OP was intentionally a jerk to a dude he had never even met, because of how he looked. That's pretty much the definition of racism. And it is wrong.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's not about how the other guy reacted. It's that OP was intentionally a jerk to a dude he had never even met, because of how he looked. That's pretty much the definition of racism. And it is wrong.

Do unto others and whatnot... I've never been one to tell other people how to act. If it makes him sleep better at night, he can do what he wants. Was it in poor taste, sure, but neither you or myself were in that vehicle. I don't point fingers, just move along.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I would have thought the OP was joking, even if I was the guy at the butt of the joke. I am not Catholic, but if I was and one friday during lent someone said to me (assuming I was catholic) "Hey! you want to go grab a stuffed pork chop!? or hamburger?! or a nice juicy steak!?" That is just making a joke knowing I can't/won't eat meat on fridays. It would be nothing personal, just a joke.

I guess what you are saying is because he appeared to be a Muslim to the OP (due to skin color or clothing or name or accent), then the OP is in the wrong for assuming he was a Muslim?

Last edited:

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Just curious...What if that guy sitting in the front seat was someone like Mohammed Gulab???

Meet Mohammad Gulab, the Afghan ‘brother’ who saved Marcus Luttrell

...Please tell me you're joking, right?
    You bring up a good point. Quick to judge on my part, but with the current events happening overseas my red flag goes up easily. As for the death grip, that was not literal, just my heightened sense of self preservation considering all that is going on in the world.

Look fellas, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and acts like a duck, do you really think it's a chicken? Knee jerk reaction.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So you acted like a dick to someone because of what they look like and their accent? Good job. WWJD? Probably not act like a douche.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    You bring up a good point. Quick to judge on my part, but with the current events happening overseas my red flag goes up easily. As for the death grip, that was not literal, just my heightened sense of self preservation considering all that is going on in the world.

Look fellas, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and acts like a duck, do you really think it's a chicken? Knee jerk reaction.

Key point bolded and in red.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Douche for telling the guy what restaurant he likes and what he likes to get there? I didn't realize he had to tailor his opinion on food to the religious beliefs of the passengers in the vehicle. If I was wearing a PETA shirt and was a vegan would it make that guy the douche for saying we should try the goat?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Douche for telling the guy what restaurant he likes and what he likes to get there? I didn't realize he had to tailor his opinion on food to the religious beliefs of the passengers in the vehicle. If I was wearing a PETA shirt and was a vegan would it make that guy the douche for saying we should try the goat?

How about for intentionally antagonizing someone who he'd never met before, because he didn't like where the guy might have been born?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You people are obviously missing the point. What man gets in a car and is so frightened he rides the whole way wih a death grip on his gun. Then is soo tough all of a sudden that he purposely makes light of a guy. Then he is even more driven to post it on a website for people like gator to commend him on it. This is what BS has become. Glad some enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Sure he did antagonize the man. But seriously, he can't be honest about what restaurant and food he likes? I don't expect him to avoid using the word "pork", "pig", "swine" etc just because there was someone in the vehicle who may or may not be muslim. Sure he didn't have to point out they have really good swine products, but I don't think he should be crucified for making a joke.

Just like I don't think I should have to avoid eating a hamburger in front of catholics on friday during lent...

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    You people are obviously missing the point. What man gets in a car and is so frightened he rides the whole way wih a death grip on his gun. Then is soo tough all of a sudden that he purposely makes light of a guy. Then he is even more driven to post it on a website for people like gator to commend him on it. This is what BS has become. Glad some enjoy it.

he already said he didn't literally have a death grip on his gun... Im pretty sure he was kidding.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

So is the rest of the story literal or just embellished to make you look cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom