G 19 grip mod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Ok so today is the day. I have decided after much thought and debate that the finger grooves on my G19 gen 4 must go and then it will need to be stippled. I have gone back and forth a bunch though, the way I seeit this is like circumcision... Once it's cut there is no putting it back. I'll post pics of the process and the finished product.
    Here we go!

Last edited:

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Stippling is like camo painting a rifle. Once you do it, it's yours forever; or you will take a huge loss in resale value. Are you ready?

Last edited:

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Well, the way I see it, modifications can add value to your firearms. However, ones that are permanent or extremely difficult to return to stock will decrease it. Would I pay more for a home-made, stippled framed Glock versus a stock setup? Emphatically no. I've cut my shotgun stock to decrease the lop and understand that I can not get more than I paid for it. That's just reality.

Quick search on gunbroker reveals: lightly used glock 34 stippled grip with night sights and 3.5 disconnector for $600 no current bids; stock glock 34 without stippled grip is going $615 at 23 bids and 12 hours left.

Anyway, to the op, if you are determined to do this, know that it may fit your hand better but not everyone's. And if you do plan to keep it forever, your hand is the only one that matters. Goodluck and practice on some plastic first before you put the solder to the glock.

Last edited:

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Thanks for the posting concern over cutting and grinding on my gun, resale not really an issue for me as I do not plan on selling.
    I have stippled a number of guns so I have that part down, my concern and debate was how would I like the feel of a reduced grip? I shot two diffrent Glocks yesterday that had been done and like the feel of those. All the grinding and removal of excess polymer is finished I just need to stipple the gun tonight.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well, the way I see it, modifications can add value to your firearms. However, ones that are permanent or extremely difficult to return to stock will decrease it. Would I pay more for a home-made, stippled framed Glock versus a stock setup? Emphatically no. I've cut my shotgun stock to decrease the lop and understand that I can not get more than I paid for it. That's just reality.

Quick search on gunbroker reveals: lightly used glock 34 stippled grip with night sights and 3.5 disconnector for $600 no current bids; stock glock 34 without stippled grip is going $615 at 23 bids and 12 hours left.

Anyway, to the op, if you are determined to do this, know that it may fit your hand better but not everyone's. And if you do plan to keep it forever, your hand is the only one that matters. Goodluck and practice on some plastic first before you put the solder to the glock.

Apples to oranges. One is new, one is used. One has 5 hours left, one has 5 days. Not saying you're right or wrong, just saying that isn't a fair comparison. Personally, I'd pay more for a stippled gun, if it was done well. I prefer them that way.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    How about posting a pic of your progress so far. I am interested to see the finish on the grip after grinding off the finger grooves. How much thinner (front to back) did it make the grip?
    I've got small hands and even though the stock grip has never given me a problem as far as being to big even with a Crimson Trace, it would be nice to have a thinner grip. That's the only reason I would consider a gen 4 over my gen 3.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    It functions just fine e and I have yet to drop one. No stippling, no skateboard tape, no modifications other than night sites.

Perhaps grip strengthing exercises are in order.

Gun functions fine, I have never dropped it. I feel that the gun fits better in my hand with out the finger groovs. Better fit means a better draw with out the need to adjust the grip once the weapon is out. A better more consitiant grip will always translate into more effective rounds on target. The grip on the gen 4 is fine, but now that the grooves are gone i need to make the gun look finished and stippling is the answer for that.

As far a grip strenght that really has nothing to do with shooting.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Yeh post a pic, I been contemplating on trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a few I have done.
    Gen3 Before stipple
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359396074.715240.jpg
    After
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359395920.000196.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359395890.250125.jpg

Gen3
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359395947.316139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359395963.399995.jpg

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Yeh post a pic, I been contemplating on trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't mean to thread hijack, but...

I'll throw a couple of pics in here to sort of document the process.
    Cutting the finger grooves off can be accomplished easiest with a variable speed Dremel. I recommend sanding smooth after, but you don't have to.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359396496.536307.jpg

Since I had a spare frame I didn't mind testing, I stippled the grip panels Without removing the factory stippling first. It makes life more difficult, but I endured. Just need to be careful. I honestly wouldn't recommend going this route though.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359396721.027518.jpg

I stopped at this point to wait on my magwell and see how it's going to fit before I progress any further. It looks like all my other ones, and I can't tell any difference in grippyness between my stipple and the factory stipple, besides more surface area.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359396793.861229.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom