G19 upgrade suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Hey guys, i've been looking at possibly upgrading my glock with a few little extras. I'm thinking of the NY1 spring with a 3.5# connector, and possibly an extended mag release. What do you guys think? Any suggestions as to what you guys have and like?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Ny1 and 3.5 is very popular.

I like the vickers mag release. It's on every glock I own.

Also, I'm partial to Warren tactical/sevigny sights. Plain rear and tritium front. However, this is very subjective and you will gets LOTS of different answers.

Other than that, ammo and practice or a couple handgun classes.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hey guys, i've been looking at possibly upgrading my glock with a few little extras. I'm thinking of the NY1 spring with a 3.5# connector, and possibly an extended mag release. What do you guys think? Any suggestions as to what you guys have and like?

I do not care for a heavy trigger pull which you will have with a - connector and a NY1 spring.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I suggest you swap out the sights, I like the DeFoor sights from AmeriGlo. Other than that just saddle up and shoot a lot. The gun will improve itself.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Try to look/shoot different sights before deciding if possible. As Spanky stated, it is more relative to the person. You want to make sure your eyes agree with your purchase. I prefer a red fiber optic front sight and black rear, but use a tritium front on my carry gun.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Try to look/shoot different sights before deciding if possible. As Spanky stated, it is more relative to the person. You want to make sure your eyes agree with your purchase. I prefer a red fiber optic front sight and black rear, but use a tritium front on my carry gun.[/QUOTE

Works for me.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Ny1 and 3.5 is very popular.

I like the vickers mag release. It's on every glock I own.

Also, I'm partial to Warren tactical/sevigny sights. Plain rear and tritium front. However, this is very subjective and you will gets LOTS of different answers.

Other than that, ammo and practice or a couple handgun classes.

+1

With the proper polish job in certain areas on the trigger bar, etc... THis is a great set up

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not being a Glock guy I have very limited experience, but two things I immediately had an issue with were the factory mag release and plastic sights (the sight picture is fine, but the plastic rear is no good for one handed gun work). Extended mag release would be first on my list. As for the sights, I like the simplicity of pangris' setup, factory metal rear and tritium front.

Taking it a step further, a trigger job never hurts.

96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    i'm going to look into some night sights but i actually like the factory ones. So it would probably be just a front sight. I'm gonna find some glocks with extended mag releases to see how i like them.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    i'm going to look into some night sights but i actually like the factory ones. So it would probably be just a front sight. I'm gonna find some glocks with extended mag releases to see how i like them.

I am assuming that your factory front is not the plastic variety. If so, you'll not like it in the long run I'm guessing as it will start to 'erode" with LOTS of drawstrokes. Go with the steel if that white dot is your thing.

Me? I suggest 24/7 XS Systems. On my G19 and I will never replace this sight system on a carry pistol. VERY fast way to get metal into meat.

As to the other mods...I agree with the previous posters that a couple thousand rounds of 9mm will do you better than ANY modification other than sights (and I kept the factory slide release, mag release, etc.). I will admit that LSP's Bowie Tactical G19 with electronic dot sighting does have me seriously intrigued and wondering if I need to start saving the pennies to go there as well. That seems to be one sweet shooting system imo, but my decision is still rattlin around the cranium on that one.

While real good from the box, practice is what makes them truly perfect.

Happy Blasting.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom