G19 XS big dots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you sell your sights and need to buy I have a new set of Ameriglo Operator night sights green front and yellow rear I will sell. Big Dots do not work for me either.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    yes i doubt that they have dimmed at all since i had them on there. Dont think Ive had them long enough. I have xs xpress sights on my g34 that i have come to love rather than the 3 dot type that are on my 19. So i would love to trade if you like. Im in hammond so we can meet up if somewhere between to check em out. pm me.

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    So I tried to get the sights off my gun today and was able to get one screw loose on the rear sight, but the other screw twisted 3 allen wrenches and I may have rounded the head of the screw some. So unless someone wants to help get them off I guess they are off the market as I don't want to ruin them trying to get them off...guess I should have gone lighter on the lock-tight.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So I tried to get the sights off my gun today and was able to get one screw loose on the rear sight, but the other screw twisted 3 allen wrenches and I may have rounded the head of the screw some. So unless someone wants to help get them off I guess they are off the market as I don't want to ruin them trying to get them off...guess I should have gone lighter on the lock-tight.

If you used red lock tite try a LITTLE heat and it will be much easier to unscrew.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I did, and I shall try. Thanks.

Soldering iron, kitchen match, hair dryer, it does not take much heat just be ready to unscrew immediately. If you ever do this with fiber optic sights use even less heat.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Late post. Hopefully blue and not red loctite. If it is red heating it up helps to break it. I changed the standard bushings on my Ed Brown to slim ones. They were red loctited in and were a bear to get out. I bought a bushing bit to get them out to make sure nothing was damaged/stripped. Heating it up with a blowdryer helped.

Last edited:

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Nope, I am pretty sure, I rounded one of the screws...Oh well, guess I'll just have to learn to shoot with them. Unless someone really wants them and can help get it off, I'll replace the screw if need be or I can.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom