Gabriel Suarez

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I haven't seen the "Kill 'em all..." stuff and I've seen plenty. I'll keep watching
    for it though.

If you are suggesting that others "boycott" his stuff based on other things than the quality of the training, you have a valid point.

If you don't want to reward him with your money, borrowing the DVD would work.

Personally, I don't discount all information that comes from an impure source. Considering all that I've done wrong, I'm compelled to forgive others and get on with my life.

I've learned some very effective stuff from studying the techniques of some of the most vile people who ever slithered across the face of this earth.

Gabe is in no way "vile" and his training on the AK, as it pertains to what the OP wants to accomplish, is more appropriate than other DVDs I've seen.

For us "regular" folk, the training is worth our time AND money. IMO

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

If you are planning on taking a class, purchasing the corresponding DVD ahead of time and practicing with it will help you prepare for the class. If you do it that way, you should not be repeating a technique enough to form a bad habit.
    After the class, the DVD will serve as a refresher to keep you on the right track.

I have spoken with SEVERAL instructors who recomend AGAINST that...

Because you WILL learn bad habbits which will be difficult to unlearn.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I haven't seen the "Kill 'em all..." stuff and I've seen plenty. I'll keep watching
    for it though.

If you are suggesting that others "boycott" his stuff based on other things than the quality of the training, you have a valid point.

If you don't want to reward him with your money, borrowing the DVD would work.

Personally, I don't discount all information that comes from an impure source. Considering all that I've done wrong, I'm compelled to forgive others and get on with my life.

I've learned some very effective stuff from studying the techniques of some of the most vile people who ever slithered across the face of this earth.

Gabe is in no way "vile" and his training on the AK, as it pertains to what the OP wants to accomplish, is more appropriate than other DVDs I've seen.

For us "regular" folk, the training is worth our time AND money. IMO

I have.

I was on Warriortalk for some time.... Remember it also.

It was very (Insert chest thumping, tales of old... tieing in with Knights, Crusades, Oh, and buy this stuff from he which is 30%+ over what you can buy it from other online places....):rolleyes:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I have spoken with SEVERAL instructors who recomend AGAINST that...

Because you WILL learn bad habbits which will be difficult to unlearn.

Which of those instructors has a corresponding DVD to their class that they recomended against watching ahead of time?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Which of those instructors has a corresponding DVD to their class that they recomended against watching ahead of time?

Tactical Response for one... (And yes, I have had my 'personal issues' with yeager.

They recomend the DVD's for refresher, and if you can't ever do real training.

But recomend taking the class first.

(Atleast the basics)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I have.

I was on Warriortalk for some time.... Remember it also.

It was very (Insert chest thumping, tales of old... tieing in with Knights, Crusades, Oh, and buy this stuff from he which is 30%+ over what you can buy it from other online places....):rolleyes:

Yes, there are self-serving war stories on WT. The "Kill 'em all and let God sort out the rest" stuff I've seen was referring to US enemies and such. That type of sentiment is not so uncommon among warriors. When I see it, it is typically coming from military operatives who have BTDT. WarriorTalk is not for everyone nor is it intended to be.

I say eat the meat and spit out the bones...the AK training is quality "meat" IMO

If confronted by murderous jihadists, the OP might have a similar "kill 'em all" attitude along with the stream of hot lead errupting from the barrel of his AK.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Tactical Response for one... (And yes, I have had my 'personal issues' with yeager.

They recomend the DVD's for refresher, and if you can't ever do real training.

But recomend taking the class first.

(Atleast the basics)

How long is your list of people you've had "personal issues" with?
    Am I on the list now? :) LOL

Why would they recomended the DVD "if you can't ever do real training"?
    Won't that create permanent bad habits?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Sorry guys gotta sleep now. I've got to be at work in five hours. Please continue the discussion and I'll check it in the morning.

I sincerely hope to meet you guys soon. I'm fortunate to be a part of this local forum where I have a fair chance to meet some of you.

It must be LATE...I'm beginning to get sentimental!

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Yes, there are self-serving war stories on WT. The "Kill 'em all and let God sort out the rest" stuff I've seen was referring to US enemies and such. That type of sentiment is not so uncommon among warriors. When I see it, it is typically coming from military operatives who have BTDT. WarriorTalk is not for everyone nor is it intended to be.

I say eat the meat and spit out the bones...the AK training is quality "meat" IMO

If confronted by murderous jihadists, the OP might have a similar "kill 'em all" attitude along with the stream of hot lead errupting from the barrel of his AK.

FanBoy of Warrior Talk are we?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    FanBoy of Warrior Talk are we?

I don't know exactly what you mean by "FanBoy" but I'm grateful for the good info that I've received over the years...just like I'm grateful for the good info I've gotten here.

When I get good advice/help for free, I make it a habit to say "thank you" and give credit where it is due. Simple.

I'm not the typical WT'er but I get much more than I give over there. I also know when to skip over stuff, use the ignore feature and leave when I have better things to do. YMMV

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Yes, there are self-serving war stories on WT. The "Kill 'em all and let God sort out the rest" stuff I've seen was referring to US enemies and such. Not what I saw...That type of sentiment is not so uncommon among warriors. When I see it, it is typically coming from military operatives who have BTDT. Disagree... and my DD214 says a few things...WarriorTalk is not for everyone nor is it intended to be.

^^^:rolleyes:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    How long is your list of people you've had "personal issues" with?
    Am I on the list now? :) LOL

Why would they recomended the DVD "if you can't ever do real training"?
    Won't that create permanent bad habits?

Alpha personality types frequently have this issue...

Something is better than nothing... b ut not when you can 'do one better'

Top Bottom