Gas vs inertia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    The days old question. Have both. Have a beretta 390 and a browning auto 5. Thinking about getting a 3.5in gun. So many out there. Looking for something that can be roughhoused. Dont want to spend a bunch of time cleaning action

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I've got one of the A400 xtremes. It litereally takes just a few seconds to field strip it, remove forearm/barrel, pull out the charging handle, and the bolt/sprins/etc. comes out in one piece. Not only that, shooting 1-9/16 oz 1500 fps loads there is literally negligable recoil with the new kickoff mega stock. I had one inertia gun, and sold it pretty quick due to the not so pleaseant recoil.

Anywho, 390's are tough as nails, and like LSP said, can go a LONG time without cleaning. I don't find them hard at all to tear down and clean out though.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've got one of the A400 xtremes. It literally takes just a few seconds to field strip it, remove forearm/barrel, pull out the charging handle, and the bolt/spring/etc. comes out in one piece. Not only that, shooting 1-9/16 oz 1500 fps loads there is literally negligible recoil with the new kickoff mega stock. I had one inertia gun, and sold it pretty quick due to the not so pleasant recoil.

I agree with Richard -- the A400's (mine is the "Xplor" model) are a cinch to clean ..... easier than the Beretta 391's I own.

The A400 has negligible recoil if fitted with a recoil reducer. Richard uses the recoil reducer that comes with the gun -- I opted for an aftermarket recoil reducer so I could alter the height of the recoil pad.

I shot a sporting clays tournament Saturday (100 birds in the main event and 50 more in a "super sporting" event), and it was as if I had shot a dozen shells instead of 150. Went duck hunting 3 weeks ago with this gun, and felt no difference in recoil when shooting 3" magnum loads.

kirby

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Kansas City
    Benelli..... I have owned a bunch of them, and will never own any other type of semi-automatic shotgun. I put over 2000 rounds through a Super Black Eagle II without any kind of cleaning or failure. Just remember to keep it oiled. When you do decide to clean, they are simple and easy to take down.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Benelli..... I have owned a bunch of them, and will never own any other type of semi-automatic shotgun. I put over 2000 rounds through a Super Black Eagle II without any kind of cleaning or failure. Just remember to keep it oiled. When you do decide to clean, they are simple and easy to take down.

Amen!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Only semi-auto I ever owned was an M4S90 (4 of them total so far). It was very easy to clean and the pistons really were self-cleaning.

Top Bottom