Gator Classic - Who's going in 2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    setup started today.

first hand knowledge is always better than something that someone heard somewhere from somebody.

fyi - Caw - Dats far will not have any targets beyond 30 yards.

So easy to asks someone who might know.

Why Speculate?

Any other facts that you may need feel free to ask.

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I met Kaci once, and her dad too, at the Alabama State Match this year. She was very friendly, and so was her dad. They were shooting the match Saturday, but were helping chrono the ROs on Friday afternoon. I thought she was a nice, friendly, southern young woman. I asked her some competitive questions, and she and her dad were very forthcoming with helpful questions. I can't speak for her ability to paste targets, as I don't have first hand knowledge of that, so I'm not going to comment.

JD, I have an extra mag brush that I'll sell to you for 5 bucks or 4 Ice Cold Cokes. I'm told I am Ro-ing Stage 5.

See y'all this weekend.

Chris

Last edited:

jdphotoguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Jackson, MS
    I met Kaci once, and her dad too, at the Alabama State Match this year. She was very friendly, and so was her dad. They were shooting the match Saturday, but were helping chrono the ROs on Friday afternoon. I thought she was a nice, friendly, southern young woman. I asked her some competitive questions, and she and her dad were very forthcoming with helpful questions. I can't speak for her ability to paste targets, as I don't have first hand knowledge of that, so I'm not going to comment.

I should do the right thing and hold my judgement of Kaci until I meet her myself, but the indifference to helping paste, does not sit well.

JD, I have an extra mag brush that I'll sell to you for 5 bucks or 4 Ice Cold Cokes. I'm told I am Ro-ing Stage 5.

See y'all this weekend.

Chris

Thanks for the offer of selling me your spare mag brush, but already told gmshooter, I'd buy one off him. Even though I'm not buying your brush, I'll see what I can do about getting you some Cokes. Not sure what day I'll be shooting Stage 5, but if time permits, will try to run some over Saturday.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana

Chris

I believe that this is the best attitude.

As I posted earlier, Don't believe everything you read on the internet. First hand knowledge is truth. Everything else is Less.

AlphaMike

A67704
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Ms
    I got on here looking to see who is all fired up about shooting one of the greatest matches in our area only to find people downing one of the best shooters around. The most surprising thing is most guys haven't ever shot with them before. People will always see what they want to see and before long have you seeing the same thing if you let them influence you to that point. I myself have shot on their squad before and noticed nothing along the lines of what is being said about these fine people. This type of chatter will do nothing but bring down the sport and possibly turn new shooters away. Remember, these threads are to meant to support the shooting sports. BTW,,,I shot the entire Georgia State match without pasting a single bullet hole,,,does that make me a bad person?

See you guys Friday.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I thought the Georgia match was set up so nobody had to tape? I thought I heard that from one of the Georgia RO's that was on my squad at TN. So, I guess that does not make you a bad guy!:)

Aggieddad02

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Hey guys, if I make it out to watch the matches are there any food and drink concessions or do I need to bring whatever I may need? May be in a position to go down to Houma to visit in-laws and make the match since I know a lot of people who will be shooting. Thanks

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    How far does it look like on "Gris Gris" (I think) from the box to the Polish Plate Rack

Either of the plate racks are no more than 15 meters.

Probably more like 12.

Everything is looking great to shoot.

Interesting, well laid out and options available on most stages.

Weather looks to be phenomenal too.

Not sure on other concessions but JROTC will nor participate this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom