Gator Classic - Who's going in 2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUrifle

GeauxShootin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    Best Gator I've been to so far the stages were great, the match ran smooth n ROin the polish plate rack stage was a blast I didn't think it could b shot as fast as I saw some people do it. Can't complain about my shootin but i wanted to finish higher and I'm now convinced Whit some how arranged for me to fall on that 45 brass at eaps n put a hole n my hand. But congrats to him for the A class win n thanks to Barbara Gary the sponsors n all the staff for a great match.

Last edited:

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    Another Gator in the books and what a great match it was. Thanks to all the staff y'all did a great job. Thanks to all the sponsors for all the support and prizes. Thanks Gary and Barbera for putting on another great match. Last but not least thanks to the stage designers for some great stages.

Oneadam12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Liberty, MS
    I had a great time shooting my first Gator! Thanks to all those here who made it possible! I'm looking forward to shooting it again next year.

John58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Kudos to Gary and Barbara, this years Gator was fantastic. I got to shoot with a Master and Grand master in our squad. That was a treat in and of itself. Too bad I was just dust in their mirror! But I did pick up on some stage breakdown tips. All in all I had a great time and look forward to finishing higher next year!

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    This years GC was awesome although I shot the worst match of life. I had fun ROing stage 11. Got to see alot of great shooter and was very pleased that all shooters assisted in the resetting of the steel.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Her parents know the rule book from cover to cover.

Apparently not...he was politely educated to the fact, per the rulebook, that video holds no sway in arguing whether a foot fault is justified (11.1.5). Good call, Chris, and well handled. Jeremy, Chris and I do know the rulebook from cover to cover. :naughty:

Chris and Jeremy deserve high praise for great work on Stage 5: these guys are first class and as good as anyone I've ever had the privilege to work a stage with. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I'm now convinced Whit some how arranged for me to fall on that 45 brass at eaps n put a hole n my hand. But congrats to him for the A class win n thanks to Barbara Gary the sponsors n all the staff for a great match.

If I would have known I would have sharpened the piece of brass a little. :). Had a great time. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it like normal next year and not miss a day.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Many thanks to everyone who made the match happen-- and smoothly at that. It was everything I hoped it would be.

Congrats to all the Locals who brought home some wood, and much love for everyone who held their laughter in check while the Star ate my lunch. :mamoru:

And one final thanks to Melissa, who saved my life with a timely water donation after the drink stand had sold out. :D

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Her parents know the rule book from cover to cover. Last year her father followed me from target to target watching the scoring. I asked him to please step back and he quoted the rule on a representative can be with the RO while scoring..........

One more comment. At bigger matches you will find the vast majority of the competitors are great people, and as intense as they are, usually react very respectfully even when things go sideways for them...a sign of outstanding character in my book.

But when things get heated, you have two things to help you as an RO: your knowledge of the rule book coupled with a very polite but firm attitude. Don't let anyone bully you. Those sorts of people are few and far between, in my experience, but there are a handful out there who will push you to see if they can make something go their way.

Next time anyone keeps you from doing your job by crowding you on a target, tell 'em politely to move back at least 3 feet so you can see to work. Here's the appropriate rule:

9.1.1 Approaching Targets – While scoring is in progress, competitors or
    their delegate must not approach any target closer than (3 feet) without the authorization of the Range Officer. Violation may, at the discretion of the Range Officer, incur a procedural penalty.

Last edited:

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    Another Gator in the books. Great match and Great people. Kudos to those who put in all the time and effort to make this thing go so smoothly, Barbera, Gary, Annette, Elliot, Peggy(awesome Food As usual for the Staff) and Forest for there all year around effort to make this one of the Best run matches around. Thanks to all the Staff that worked this past week getting it ready and working during the match Great Job!!!

jdphotoguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Jackson, MS
    Second Level II match under my belt, the 2011 Mississippi Classic and now the Gator Classic and what a blast (pun intended). Great match, extremely well organized, super staff and RO's

During the self squadding I picked Squad 2 based on the number of Production shooters and their high rankings. I figured I'd learn something watching the guys that know how to shoot do it and boy was that the case. Those guys where amazing to watch and a really nice bunch. As a matter of fact I think Squad 2 had the highest number of plaque winners: Blake Miguez, Andy Wood, Stefan Wendland, Danny Clifton, Bruce Wallace, Jordan Ohlmann, Michael Toms and even I got a plaque.

Last edited:

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    This match was SUCH a blast I damn near picked up the certificate for an entry in to next years match!!!!!

Gary, Mrs Barbara, Forrest, Mrs Peggy, Lloyd - all the RO's, staff and anyone I am forgetting

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Many thanks to the Staff and RO's for great match. Also, many thanks to the sponsors and vendors. I brought some guys from CASA (Little Rock) with me and they had so much fun they said they would bring enough shooters to make up their own squad next year!

L10TootieLynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Chauvin, LA
    Had a blast shooting my 1st Gator Classic!!! Shot pretty good, but learned a lot of things that I need to work on. Thanks a million to Mr. Gary, Mrs. Barb, Mrs. Annette, Mr. Elliot, Mrs. Peg, Mr. Forrest, Mrs. Wanda, Mrs. Dorla, Mr. Mike, gosh the list could go on for days, without you NONE of this could be possible. I am so thankful that I started in this sport and I get to work with you awesome people on a regular basis. Thanks to all who sponsored the match, the prize table was amazing!!! It was also nice to see so many women shooters maybe next year we can double that number!!!

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Follow up to the earlier comments made in reference to Kaci Cochran and her parents.

I shot with them, and I saw none of the stuff that I had previously heard about them. What I did see was a family watching their daughter shoot. Yes, her parents did help her, no they were not obnoxious or rude. They ALL helped paste targets and set steel. I would be glad to shoot with her on my squad again.

The only incident the whole match that I noticed that was anywhere near those comments was when she received a foot fault on one stage. She questioned it, but took it better than I have taken some calls, so I have no reason to complain about that.

It was said before that you shouldn't believe everything you hear and this was certainly one of those cases.

Top Bottom