Gatorade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Took another multi-day course in THE SUN the past couple days. (Tactical Rifle course at Trinity Tactical Institute, BTW- you guys should have been there).

Anyway, in the past, I have not focused hard enough on staying hydrated. This weekend, I was sucking down cold Gatorade at every interval, and even though it was hot as hell, I am feeling MUCH better than I was after my last summer course.

Oh, and I remembered the sunscreen this time, too.

Little things make life so much better.

Oh, and for those of you w/o reddots (Mine is an EOTech 557, the drop compensated reticle is pretty sweet)- try them if you haven't yet. Those of us with them were smoking those without (all experienced shooters) on acquisition times, especially at longer ranges.

Oh, and my 3X flip to side magnifier was almost considered cheating- one instructor asked me if I would shoot w/o it for awhile on the long range scrambles, so the times would be more fair. LOL. WORTH the money, for sure.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Dehydration sucks, I like powerade myself I have been drinking at least one a day for years, I know at 240 cal per I could be skinny. The zero didn't do it for me.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I don't have one near me so I can't say for sure but if my trainer looked at the ingredients and said it's okay then I have to assume no.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Nm just looked it up. No HFC! thats the only reason i stopped drinking powderade. I have cut out soft drinks and caffine completely from my diet for a while now. Gonna have to try Powerade Zero

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I had drill this weekend and did lots of PT in the 95* weather. 2 gallons of water a day = more time in the bathroom than in the front leaning rest:D

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I'll agree on staying hydrated. I spent an entire day riding my 4 wheeler on my new hunting lease and stayed drinking poweraide and even though I got sunburned, I didn't dry out and it didn't bother me any. I wasn't fatigued either.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Wheres the pics?

ttr1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member