Gen 4 Glock 27 interchangeable back straps

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    So I purchased a used gen 4 G27 today, and it only came with the one back strap that was on the gun.
    I'm guessing it's the standard back strap, IDK? It does not have a beaver tail, and seems to be the same size as a gen 3.

The gun came with 4 different back straps?
    I'm assuming most people find the one they like for theirs and just throw the others in the box.
    Would anyone be willing to either let me try some of the other ones or sell me the ones they don't use?

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I remember a time when this website was an excellent source for first hand knowledge an experience.
    When a person could mine the collective knowledge of the member populous.

Where did that go? Do we not wish to help educate our fellow BS'ers?
    Is this web site now just for talking $h!t and selling off your stuff?!

With the number of views this thread has had and not one comment like "I use the ______ back strap, because ______" or "I didn't like the _____ back strap because _____" or "If you have small hands you might prefer ______ larger hands ________"

All I'm looking for is a little person opinion here.

...Rant over.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I remember a time when this website was an excellent source for first hand knowledge an experience.
    When a person could mine the collective knowledge of the member populous.

Where did that go? Do we not wish to help educate our fellow BS'ers?
    Is this web site now just for talking $h!t and selling off your stuff?!

With the number of views this thread has had and not one comment like "I use the ______ back strap, because ______" or "I didn't like the _____ back strap because _____" or "If you have small hands you might prefer ______ larger hands ________"

All I'm looking for is a little person opinion here.

...Rant over.

I don't use any of the back straps on any of my Glocks because I have small hands.

I have a G4 26 and to be completely honest I have no idea what back straps came with it because after I removed the pistol and magazines from the box, it went on a shelf in a closet.

I hope that helps you out...

JR1572

Last edited:

sgtdww504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Will the ones from a G19 fit if so I may have some. If your in the Nola area you can try them

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I have a Gen 4 G26 and G17, however I bought both of mine before they started shipping with the beaver tails so I don't have any experience with those and I don't use any of the back straps on either of my Glocks.

They did come with the standard adjustable back straps. One of them increases the overall grip to the size of Gen 3 model (Size M back strap) and the other increases grip size even a bit more than that (size L back strap). If you remove the back strap completely, you'll have a slim grip (smaller than Gen 3 grip size). The Gen 4s now come with both of these plus the beaver tails. If you remove the back strap that's on your gun, look on the inside of it and the size will be marked.

If you want the other back straps, you can purchase them online for fairly cheap for the entire set.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom