German DAG .308 FMJ NATO (7.62x51)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    If it is the ammo in the 5 round links, with the tracer rounds removed...it was made for belt fed automatics and is a substantially hotter round than standard ball ammo. The full auto actions require really hot rounds to ensure proper cycling, due to the very rapid cycling of the action.
    I have been told that this ammo, if used extensively in a sporter or semiauto rifle, can cause damage such as accelerated wear, throat erosion or stress fractures.

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    I've fired around 1000+ rounds through both my M1a's with no problems. Not sure on overall accuracy, my rifles shoot much better than I do.

Check m14tfl.com for more info. It's on sale on their boards from time to time.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I bought some a while back in a battlepack. If it's marked "DAG LOS 93xxxx", there's a reason it's cheap. About 1/3 of the rounds are covered in green corrosion. Apparently the contractor who made the paper inserts inside the battlepack didn't use acid free paper on one lot. I had to go through 200 rounds with a scotchbrite pad and some brasso to clean the corrosion off. While it was a PITA, I only had 2 rounds sprout pinholes upon firing. YMMV

Top Bottom