get this some one in the nopd did this.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    so this may be a funny story to some. this story dose not reflect everyone in the nopd i say this bc i know most of you guys are nopd and are honest and true and i have freinds that are as well. so heres the story. a freind of mine was a victim 3 years ago of a car accident and needed to get his car fixed at a well know body shop we wont mension. after dropping it off he realised he had forgotten a pistol (witch was new only a few months old) for protection under the front seat. he returned the next day to find it was already stolen. he accepted his losses because he couldent proov it was in there when he droped it off. he filed a stolen fire arm report in jp a week later he was contacted by the jpso that his fire arm was recovered on the street in jp in a not so good neighbor hood. they told him it was used in a crime in new orleans and he would need to pick it up in NO.
    when he went there it was told to him that it is evidence in a case and he cant have it back until the case has ended witch is totally under standable but he did get to see the gun so he could confirm it was his for shure. (it was in good shape) so after 2 months he was contacted and told he may come pick it up. uppon arrival the clerk had no idea what he was talking about and had no copy of a receipt for the gun after searching for an hour he had to go and would return in a day or two. when he did return they all asundely had the records and told him that the atf had the weapon to be destroyed because it was never calaimed. he was furious bc he was just there 2 days before and he didnt claim it because they had no record of it and couldnt find it. they gave him a phone number for the local atf office and he called them to his suppris when he caled them they told him yes the gun is to be destroyed if not claimed but only after a certain period of time and that they ( the atf) didnt have it yet bc of that time limit and that the nopd still had it. so the next day he returned to pick it up and they told himit was gone. when they told him that he was baffled and they basicly whent through a claims prosess of paper work bc it was suposedly given to the wrong person. 3 months had gone by before he heard from them again. they told him they have it and it is ready to be picked up upon arival they told him once again that they cant find it and they dont know y he was contactd because once again the clerk did not have a receipt for it to be picked up. he filed a complaint and a few weeks later he was contacted by a detective to apologise and he was told that it is here at the department its just lost in the vast collection of unclaimed guns in the storage. this went on for 2 and a half years yes thats right 2 and a half years. in that time period he called ever week to keep on them to find it untill 2 weeks ago when the person at the nopd that he was on the phone with made a joke saying basically i see you call every week just give up because youll never get it back. uppon hearing this he threated to get a lawyer bc at this point it was this principal not the price he was after. funny enough shotly after that phone call like 3 days later they called again and said they had it so once again he went back and to his suprise they had it when they handed it to him he was completly shocked to see it in the condition it was in. after arguing about this they made him leave. he took it home and after a full take down this is what we found (keep in mind that in the beginning when he was to identify the gun at the nopd it was in the same condition it was when he had left it in his car with the exeption of some scratches on the polomer from being ditched after the crime and keep in mind it was only a few months old when stollen) upon first glance the plastic sights were totaly scratched cracked and worn down, the polomer receiver was worn down dramaticly were the hand would grab it and the front was heavily worn, the metal upper receiver was scratched and the clear finish was comming off, on the inside 50% of the meatal on the upper half was rusted and worn including all the firing mecanism parts were worn down like it was a 10 year old miss treated gun, were the take donw pin contacted the inner barrel latch iot was worn down anough to alter the diamiter of the pin, the riffling in the barrel was coated and caked with LEAD AND COPPER shavings witch any one who has a gunknows that takes alot of firing to acomplish this, the breach had seen so many bullets the crome was completly worn off, the black painted magazine had been inserted into the gun so many times the finish was worn to almost bare metal, the plastic mag folower was worn down, but the best thing of all and any one who has a gunthey keep in a holster all the time can verify this the front sight the front lower receiver witch are plomer were it would touch a holster were rubbed smooth and the best argument for this is the fact that the black coated safty lever take down pin and the latch that releases the upper half were rubbed silver from being inserted and removed from a holster multiple times. is there any thing he can do about this or is he just screwed with this situation:rofl:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Tell him not to leave it under the seat next time he takes it in for repairs. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Tell him not to leave it under the seat next time he takes it in for repairs. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson.

Yep....No offense, but I couldn't envision myself doing this. I've never forgotten or managed to "misplace" any of my firearms....:confused:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    One time , I dropped a vehicle off at a shop to have the windows tinted . As soon as I got home , I remembered that I had left a gun under the seat . I called the shop and told the manager , a young man that I had known since he was a kid . . He went and checked and told me that there was no gun in the vehicle . He said that he checked with the guys in the shop and nobody knew anything . I WAS PISSED !!! I slammed the phone down and was getting my keys and wallet to go up there and tear the freakin' place down ! My wife walked in and told me that she had put the gun in her purse . OOPS . :eek3:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I was looking for some rain gear a couple days ago so I checked my hunting back pack. The damn thing felt heavy. Imagine my surprise when I unzipped it and found a 14" Contender hiding inside. It went immediately into the safe. I shot a hog with it and put it in the pack to ride the 4 wheeler home. Oops.

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    he forgot it because it wasnt lika nice glock or a 1911 that you would keep your mind on it was a car seat designated purchase that didnt cost mutch it was a taurus milenium though its a cheaper gun than others it still the principal of the deal. and if only you knew the body shop witch is a nation chain and has got one of the best reputations.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was looking for some rain gear a couple days ago so I checked my hunting back pack. The damn thing felt heavy. Imagine my surprise when I unzipped it and found a 14" Contender hiding inside. It went immediately into the safe. I shot a hog with it and put it in the pack to ride the 4 wheeler home. Oops.

How many thousand meters was the hog shot?

Top Bottom