Getting first AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b.butch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Hello all, I buying my first AR when i get in next month, my buddies have bushmasters and RRA, I'm left handed and am thinking about a stag arms are they a good rifle or should i just suck it up and get a RRA or a Bushmaster, the gun shop i deal with says he can get me a good deal on a Smith&wesson AR for around $800 new are they any good. Thx all advise is welcome.

b.butch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    I don't need it i shoot my buddies just fine just was looking at them. so the S&W is a good AR, or is it mainly for the price?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    The smith is a solid AR, and I would pass on a lefty AR. I'm a southpaw too, and have never been hit in the face with brass through thousands on rounds downrange.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    colt or RRA in 16" M4 configuration, that is a personal opinion... they are all about the same really

GatorCATM

Mors De Contactus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DeRidder
    One of the Guys I work with picked up a stag lefty and had nothing but good things to say about it. There are quite a few good AR manufacturers out there.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    From what I've heard the S&W sportsters are on sale right now. I think my buddy just got one for $679 NIB. It doesn't have the dust cover or the forward assist, but seems practical other than that. I would recommend the RRA over the Bushy if it comes down to those two (just for the warranty)

ETA: I'm a lefty and have never had an issue with any right handed weapons

Last edited:
    Top Bottom