Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    An interesting side note about this gun. Before L&C got to St. Louis they stopped at some small little town and were doing just what this guy describes. Showing off this air gun to the town folk. Just as he pulls the trigger, I forget if it was a kid or a woman, but someone stepped out into the line of fire and he nails them. Didn't kill them but definitely hurt them. "Undaunted Courage" by Stephen A. Ambrose should be required reading. It's a great book. All of his books are. He wrote in such a fashion and with so much passion, he made history come alive.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    That is a very cool gun and I want one also. Always amazes me what people were able to produce in thier time and how well it worked and with maintnance would probably still be working today. Thanks for the info!

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    As an off note, deltamud is absolutely on point with his thoughts about Ambrose. When I went to UNO as an undergrad, there was a group of us that would meet in the evenings at "The Cove", an on-campus food court and bar, and talk with him abut all manner of things. The more he (as well as all of us) drank the better his stories got, but I digress. I do miss those days; he was a historical treasure that will be sadly missed. Fortunately, his words live on in his works.

Top Bottom