Glock 17, 19 or Walther PPQ or PPX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Factory 15-rd mag
    Fits Walther P99
    Description for Item # 380394478

Walther P99 Magazine 9mm 15rd SW99 PRO MAG NEW WAL-A2- 15 Shots $26.95

Description for Item # 380376860

Glock 19 Magazine 9mm 15rd Mag Original Factory new. GB13440 15 Shots $28.95

Walther wins.

So your used OEM Glock prices and non OEM Walther prices. The Op. said PPQ or PPX as well.
    If you want to make a friendly wager on all OEM parts for a PPQ M2 and a G19 let me know as I buy both.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So your used OEM Glock prices and non OEM Walther prices. The Op. said PPQ or PPX as well.
    If you want to make a friendly wager on all OEM parts for a PPQ or G19 let me know as I buy both.

not at all, zero experience there. Only point I was making was that I own a P99 and G19 and never noticed one or other to be much more expensive.

and you're right, i didnt notice oem vs non oem.

lsuada

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Another vote for the 19. I recently sold my 26 and was considering both the 17 and 19. I shot both and the 19 felt better in my hand and just made more sense to me. Slightly more concealable and you only give up 2 rounds.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    It really is best of both worlds. this feature is simply incredible, and is why my glock has never become my primary firearm.

So you practice getting rounds on target with the 5lb single action but in a stress scenario you use the 11lb trigger required in the DA "mode"....

Why not get a trigger that stays the same or shoot the same way with the gun you have on the same trigger all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    I have both the PPQ and the Glock 19. The Glock has not been out of the safe for years. I carry the PPQ every day. The Walther product is in my opinion vastly superior in every way except aftermarket parts, so much better it is almost a different animal. To me, the Walther comes very close to the religious experience HK owners talk about.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I can't speak to the Walther, but I have a 17 and a 19. If you are only getting one I would choose the 19. It's a great size. Small enough to carry, but large enough to work on serious shooting drills if you wish. Just my 0.02.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If you want a carry gun leave it stock. That way if you shoot someone the lawyers have one less thing to pick on.

Also, if you like working on guns, you do not want to be monkeying with your carry gun. Buy a 1911 or a m&p if you want to "upgrade" something.

My vote goes to the glock, I prefer the 17 for feel and hand fit, but shoot the 19 just as well. As far a accuracy goes I really cannot see the walther being any better for the intended use.

Plus the glock is proven, and I am sure simpler than the walther.

And you can get used glocks for 400-450. I have bought a couple dozen so far used and they all work.

Best to take any money you plan to use to mod your carry gun and spend it on ammo. Night sights are a good idea but I would suggest a lot of practice behind the gun and plenty of research on the various night sights before you buy a set.

All associated parts and stuff (holsters, etc) will be cheaper, easier to find and the selection will be greater for the glock. Plus you are more likely to find a glock laying around should you need to use one (pulled off a downed cop, etc) so being familiar with a glock is a good idea. You never know...

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    @ Phil,

I just watched that video you posted. I would like top see that guy actually shoot his gun, like 5 rounds in 5 seconds or something like that. was he making a sandwich between shots? Taking a dump? That gives slow fire a new meaning.

Also, he gushes over how great the walthers are, then mentions that both shot high out of the box. So he had to change sights. Not sure if he knows how to do research, or buy the right parts as that rear sight on the ppq looks like it is on the wrong gun. Plus he spent 200 bucks on that sight? Is he a moron? Was he too busy making a sandwich when he made the order for the sight? Maybe he was taking a dump and the straining caused him to select the wrong check box on midway?

I have not had a glock shoot high out of the box. Only time I have fooled with windage is after putting night sights on. So apparently glock can get the guns sighted in the factory...?

Plus the ppk trigger seems to be an "everything for everyone" approach. You can have a da pull or a sa pull, you can "carefully" stage the trigger while the gun is hot, and move the slide a bit to change modes. None of that tomfoolery has any application in the real world. Do you really think you will draw from conceal after the other guy has his gun out and then think you really want your da pull gun to be in sa mode? Maybe you left it in sa mode and expect a da pull so you end up shooting yourself in the foot, or shoot someone else. Complicated stuff causes issues when stress is high.

Range guns are great, lots of cool features and gee-whiz buttons and levers make you feel like you bought something. And those walthers sure do look good, cause I would hate to defend my life and the lives of others with a gun that does not look better than the bad guy's gun...

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I'd say it was the archer and not the arrow.
    All Walthers are packaged with a factory tested target that was shot at 25 meters.

WHY THE F**K WOULD ANYONE HAVE THEIR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER ON ANY GUN WHILE PULLING FROM ANY HOLSTER!!!!
    My finger stays off the trigger until I am pressing toward the target.

Please learn how to draw from a holster. This is a video from the late, great Paul Gomez.
    All of his videos are great to watch. He is highly respected by many people on this board.

THIS is the video that you need to watch:

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I know how to draw. My main point was having a consistent trigger is likely a better idea than a variety of trigger pulls. Plenty of info to back that up, I will not clutter up the forum with unnecessary vids. Plus you can train all you want, but it is very hard to replicate the stress of a life/death situation. Hopefully the training will take over, but a lot of people do stage the trigger during the drawstroke.

Top Bottom