GLOCK 19 1000RD Torture Test

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Part 1
    [YOUTUBE]0_JuF23qazI[/YOUTUBE]
    Part 2 Fast-foward to 5:20 for the ending and "final thoughts".
    [YOUTUBE]CyZxQfIBXDc[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Not watching 11+minutes of a guy shooting; but how many malfunctions did he have?
    I only watched a couple of minutes of the first and a couple in part 2.

I saw 3. I'm sure there were more though.

And the plastic guiding rod melted.
    Start watching Part 2 around 4:00 and he continues to shoot.

:)

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    wow... the only ones I saw was Failure to Feed due to Limp wristing and he said a stove pipe, but i never saw it.

Even with the guide rod melting and falling out the gun STILL operated

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    End of the second video. I wish they would have had some kind of thermometer that could have taken a measurement of the slide temperature.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Todd Jarret did this type of test on The Shooting Gallery with a Para 45 ACP for 1000 rounds and there were no malfunctions and no parts breaking what so ever.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Todd Jarret did this type of test on The Shooting Gallery with a Para 45 ACP for 1000 rounds and there were no malfunctions and no parts breaking what so ever.

"Shooting 93 rounds a minute, Jarrett estimates the pistol's match-grade ramped barrel reached temperatures in excess of 550 degrees"

"Even though the outside temperature was under 50 degrees, the gun's temperature quickly rose to a point where it became hard to hold. I ended up with first-degree burns on the pad of my trigger finger which forced me to shoot even faster towards the end of the test," explained Jarrett.

"If the gun had gotten 50 degrees hotter I wouldn’t have been able to make it through the full 1,000 rounds. This is a fabulous test but one that has to be conducted during the winter months."

http://www.downrange.tv/show1/

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    "Shooting 93 rounds a minute, Jarrett estimates the pistol's match-grade ramped barrel reached temperatures in excess of 550 degrees"

"Even though the outside temperature was under 50 degrees, the gun's temperature quickly rose to a point where it became hard to hold. I ended up with first-degree burns on the pad of my trigger finger which forced me to shoot even faster towards the end of the test," explained Jarrett.

"If the gun had gotten 50 degrees hotter I wouldn’t have been able to make it through the full 1,000 rounds. This is a fabulous test but one that has to be conducted during the winter months."

What is the significance of the red highlight ?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Were there?

JMHO... BUt having a camera cut in and out and appear at different angles are different vs an on screen timer.

Regardless, ALL guns jam (Even Glocks) :D ...Important thing, is they were easy/quick to clear...

(I KNOW the Glock was a stock gun... think the 1911 is?)

I have both 1911's and Glocks. I love my 1911's, and I carry my Glocks.
    (THis from a reformed Glock hater):hs:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

The guy in the video said the reason for the FTF was due to the crappy S&B ammo and not the gun. Im sure Todd Jarret had top shelf ammo. Either way its pretty good.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    What is the significance of the red highlight ?

the Glock test was done during the warmer months, due to them being in short sleeves, where as The Para was done in under 50degree weather to keep the barrel cool.

The G19 was just a standard G19 no specials, where as the PARA had a match barrel.

both are good guns... all poly framed guns have limitations.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

550+ degrees MAY reach the flash point of some products used to clean/lube guns.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    the Glock test was done during the warmer months, due to them being in short sleeves, where as The Para was done in under 50degree weather to keep the barrel cool.

The G19 was just a standard G19 no specials, where as the PARA had a match barrel.

both are good guns... all poly framed guns have limitations.

So what do you think the difference was in ambient temperature for the two different tests ? Forty degrees , max ? Probably irrelevant after a few hundred rounds . Especially since it was a rapid fire test . Just saying ...

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    [
    (I KNOW the Glock was a stock gun... think the 1911 is?)

Yes it was and most Paras come with a match grade barrel. I own a p1445 and P1640 and came from the factory with them.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Dude ......You call that a torture test ???

Wait til you see the video of my Lorcin .25 shooting an entire mag of ammo ................. with only a few very minor malfunctions.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    They loaded the last mag with the number of rounds that didnt fire or whatever.. And he shot those to.. So he got the full 1000 thru...

I was surprised the glock didn't explode and blow his hand off.... I read on the internet that they do it all the time...

Top Bottom