Glock 19...Fate??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Went out shooting today with close friend. He had just purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 and had TFO's put on it. He could not hit anything with the pistol. I thought maybe there was something wrong with it so I picked it up.... I have never been fond of glocks but I could not miss with this pistol. I was x ring after x ring. He tried my M&P and was shooting great. We each had 8 mags so I said..hey wanna trade? He said he would LOVE to trade as he was tearing it up with the M&P. I dunno what the deal is but I guess the stars lined up for me today and I'm loving this G19. I'm really looking forward to accessories and mags. I guess the sweetest Koolaid was at the bottom of the pitcher.
    Here's a pic of my new butch Austrian chick!
    331082_405868852795900_1387521783_o.jpg

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Interesting stipple job, who did it?
    It's a Tallon tape he put on it.. It's probably going to come off and replaced with stipple. As for the TFO's what ya not like about em? I've always liked them and have had them on 3 or 4 pistols without a problem. I shot 750 rounds through this pistol today and it just got better and better.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Is he a righty hitting left or the reverse?
    He was all over... I think he missed breakfast honestly but I didn't and have a G19 now. I did find it odd he shot the M&P so well afterward though. He was really nailing with it so who knows. I've tried to like glocks so many times in past I almost don't wanna change a thing on this one. Might just keep tape and everything just the way it is.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The Glock has a longer rolling break, with a lot of room for trigger prep. Many folks find it more difficult to shoot than other striker fired pistols.

The M&P, even in crappy stock configuration, has more of a glass break without all of the weighty travel. It also tends to fit hands a bit better/easier and through natural pointing and trigger finger placement, mask shortcomings in trigger control. If you had an APEX kit in it, all the easier.

I miss Glocks, actually-- though not in terms of preferring them, just having a soft spot still. Good pick up!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Another 300 awesome rounds. I really can't say enough how much I'm enjoying this gun. If any of you had tried the gen 3's and didn't like them and have not had trigger time on a gen 4 may want to give it a shot. I dunno about all issues I've heard from other people but this pistol has been a error free jewl to me so far. It made me look great today as I smoked all my friends but one and he competes alot. It's making me more of a pistol shooter for sure. Just figured I'd throw that out there if anyone is in the market and on the fence.

Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    Im new to bayou shooter and just picked up the glock 23 gen 4 even after many telling me to go with the 19, The recoil is sharp on the .40 and I am not very accurate with it. I might try the 19 next time I go to the range.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Another 300 awesome rounds. I really can't say enough how much I'm enjoying this gun. If any of you had tried the gen 3's and didn't like them and have not had trigger time on a gen 4 may want to give it a shot. I dunno about all issues I've heard from other people but this pistol has been a error free jewl to me so far. It made me look great today as I smoked all my friends but one and he competes alot. It's making me more of a pistol shooter for sure. Just figured I'd throw that out there if anyone is in the market and on the fence.

You lucky dog, I'm jealous. Great looking glock, I've been looking at the TFO sights for my xd. What ya think about them?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It's a Tallon tape he put on it.. It's probably going to come off and replaced with stipple. As for the TFO's what ya not like about em? I've always liked them and have had them on 3 or 4 pistols without a problem. I shot 750 rounds through this pistol today and it just got better and better.

I have Talon grips on my G19 and G26 but would like to get them stippled. I just don't know of anyone local that does it.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    You lucky dog, I'm jealous. Great looking glock, I've been looking at the TFO sights for my xd. What ya think about them?
    I have always liked them and have had them on several guns. Then 2 days ago the front vial fell out and I cannot recomend these POS sights anymore. I put a drop of superglue on back side and seems to be fixed forever now and did the same with other 2 but kinda looking for replacements now.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    When the Glock 19 fits ya, it's magical. If it doesn't fit ya, make it fit!

Nice pistol, but I'd ditch the TruGlo sights, they are poop.
    Gonna start calling you the the Oracle. Have always had good LUCK I guess cuz I broke the sights on this gun. What is a good COMBAT pistol sight these days?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gonna start calling you the the Oracle. Have always had good LUCK I guess cuz I broke the sights on this gun. What is a good COMBAT pistol sight these days?

Ameriglo Pro I Dot.
    Ameriglo Pro Glo front with Ameriglo Pro Operator rear.
    Ameriglo Pro Glo front with Black rear.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Even when the TFOs don't break they still suck. ;)

I liked the Trijicon HDs, but threw some Ameriglo Hackathorns (ProGlo front and serrated black rear) on my newest 19 and like them even better and they cost half as much.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom