Glock 19 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • centuryan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Ringgold,La
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 that I love, but the grips are just to small. I am looking into the aftermarket grips but would love some insight from someone with experience. Just need it to fill my hand a little better.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    might help a little
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/76436-1.html
    76436.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That may well be the first time I've EVER heard someone say a Glock grip is too small. That's either a typo, or you're Andre the Giant.

But dragginaknee is right, the Hogue sleeve is the ticket.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The Grip Force Adapters are pretty awesome for just changing the angle of the backstrap, and might do the trick for "filling your hand" a bit more as well. Madmax provided a link and a picture, although IIRC, they've got several options out there these days.

centuryan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Ringgold,La
    That may well be the first time I've EVER heard someone say a Glock grip is too small. That's either a typo, or you're Andre the Giant.

But dragginaknee is right, the Hogue sleeve is the ticket.

6'6" 240 My hands are quite large Beretta 92fs fits nicely but a little large for cc

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    6'6" 240 My hands are quite large Beretta 92fs fits nicely but a little large for cc

Yep, you're a big boy alright. :rofl:

The Grip Force, Hogue sleeve are good options. Also, the Gen 4 Glocks come with a larger backstrap that would fit you better if you wanted an excuse to buy a new gun. :D

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I would try one of the slip ons recommended.

If you can't find something that works, sell it and get a Gen 4. The Large backstrap makes it feel like a .45/10mm size, it was too big for my hand.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If you're looking for a more tailored, semi-or-fully permanent solution, you could always build the grip up to fit your hands.

I've seen it done quite successfully with a combination of epoxy-like materials and grip tape.

Although I've had people swear that "they know how to do it right", I've yet to see a slip on that actually stayed 100% put during extended firing. Which was made worse over time. YMMV, and they're pretty cheap to try.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I picked up a GF adapter used on lightfighter last week. I havent shot it yet but just dry firing i like it a lot.

I cant put one on my duty weapon so im stuck deciding if i want to train with it or not.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I picked up a GF adapter used on lightfighter last week. I havent shot it yet but just dry firing i like it a lot.

I cant put one on my duty weapon so im stuck deciding if i want to train with it or not.

Not to derail the thread, but why cant you put one on your duty weapon? I would think anything that makes the handling of the weapon better or more secure a department would be ok with. :dunno:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Not to derail the thread, but why cant you put one on your duty weapon? I would think anything that makes the handling of the weapon better or more secure a department would be ok with. :dunno:

So many reasons. One being its policy not to alter the weapon in anyway. They are scared of liabilities. Like the GF adapter will all of a sudden make us STONE COLD KILLERS :run:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Anything but a slip on grip. They are a disaster waiting to happen. They shift around anc I have seen several end up covering the mag release leading to mzlfunctions. Youtube a guy named Surf. He has some of the best stuff I have seen about gripping a pistol. His hands are huge!

Top Bottom