Glock 19 stovepiped

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Welp it finally happened. Glock 3rd gen approx 3 yrs old with maybe 300 rounds through it. OEM recoil spring & standard 15 round mag that came with the gun firing WWB standard target ammo which is a heavier grain than personal protection ammo so it had plenty of back pressure to cycle the slide.

2nd shot fired and it stovepiped with another round butted up against it. So that concerns me for this as a carry gun. Even if I limpwristed it (which I didn't)
    the concern is in a crisis situation is will this happen again. This is the 1st time in 3 yrs / 300 rounds but now the "what if" is on my mind.

New mag springs needed? New recoil spring?

I think I will revert to .38 5-shot for carry/protection.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Clean it, lube it, change the mag spring.

Guns are going to fail even GLOCK's. Learn how to run the gun no matter what. And I do not mean that in any negative way. Things will happen but knowing what to do is the solution. I recommend you try to shoot a few matches. Trust me your gun handling and gun manuplation skills will VASYLY improve in short order. Note I said gun handling, this is not to be confused with any self defense tactics.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    300 rounds in one day isn't much.
    In three years ........ ??? ......... If that's your level of experience (and I mean this in the nicest way possible) you were probably limp wristing.

You should have an experienced shooter fire a few hundred rounds through it, or send it to Glock and ask them to check it out. It might possibly be defective.

BTW, WWB ammo is about as crappy as US ammo gets. But it's probably not the cause of your malfunction.

Two more options -- I'll give you $200 $205 (didn't see Spanky's post)for it. Sight unseen. Or I'll trade you a New-In-Box Smith & Wesson Sigma. Straight Up. Send me a PM if interested.

Last edited:

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    300 rounds in one day isn't much.
    In three years ........ ??? ......... If that's your level of experience (and I mean this in the nicest way possible) you were probably limp wristing.

You should have an experienced shooter fire a few hundred rounds through it, or send it to Glock and ask them to check it out. It might possibly be defective.

BTW, WWB ammo is about as crappy as US ammo gets. But it's probably not the cause of your malfunction.

Two more options -- I'll give you $200 $205 (didn't see Spanky's post)for it. Sight unseen. Or I'll trade you a New-In-Box Smith & Wesson Sigma. Straight Up. Send me a PM if interested.

LOL at 205$ :) I go to the range weekly, I just don't shoot that gun much but I understand what you mean. Appreciate the input.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Clean, lube and shoot the gun. Learn to clear a malfunction and move on.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Guns are going to fail even GLOCK's.
    Ed Lovett, author of The Snubby Revolver, cites a study of six or eight thousand shooting incidents by New York City Police back in the day when the department issued revolvers and there was never an FTF. True, the cops may have hit bystanders and shot each other by mistake many times over, but that's besides the point here. A revo is pretty much going to go BANG! when you pull the trigger and roll over the next round if you keep a clean gun. Not to mention you can hit exactly the point of aim. Big plus, that, when you think about it.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I'll give you 300 for it....

That goes to show just how crazy people have gotten over guns. Anybody that would pay $300 for a worn out Glock needs professional help.

Speaking of professional help, did I mention my outpatient brain surgery clinic ? ........

Anyone in need of this service can PM me.

We offer free pick up and delivery ...... and don't forget the tax-free weekend coming up (in case you have a brain injury that was caused by a gunshot wound).

p.s. I'll go $305

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've had my glock stovepipe, double feed, etc. I've seen a glock lock up so tight it had to be beaten apart. What do I grab when its time to go to work? GLOCK. Learn to clear a malf under pressure, it may save your ass

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    I've had my glock stovepipe, double feed, etc. I've seen a glock lock up so tight it had to be beaten apart. What do I grab when its time to go to work? GLOCK. Learn to clear a malf under pressure, it may save your ass

I can't even walk and chew gum at the same time so "under pressure fix malf" might be too advanced for me (seriously).

That's why I am considering changing to my .38. Pull trigger, go bang 5 times.

Maybe I should take Dawgs course. Might not hurt :rofl:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Shoot the revolver and sell the "defective" G19 to one of us and throw in all your "defective 9mm Ammunition" so you do not try to shoot it in your revolver.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Be very careful. I can foresee a scenario where dawg talks you out of that worthless glock for pennies on the dollar as he sings the praises of the .38... until you get into his class, where he says only fools and italians carry 5 shot .38s while the cool kids wear Glock 19s.

I resent your failure to acknowledge my inclusion of Polacks and Rag-heads.

$313 ............ or ................ free tuition to my next Open Carry class.

Last edited:

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    its not the mag springs....

my g19 ejects casings back at my face,.. ive talked to a glock armorer and he first said the usual :limp wristing" but i KNOW for a fact I didnt. Im thinking about changing the ejector spring and see if that works.

Top Bottom