Glock 19 Test Drive

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I am considering purchasing a Glock 19 in the future and I want to test drive one to see if it works for me. Does Precision Firearms rent them and, if so, how are they? In other words, can I expect a decently tight pistol with a good trigger or a pistol with a heavy trigger that has been shot to crap and back?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I am considering purchasing a Glock 19 in the future and I want to test drive one to see if it works for me. Does Precision Firearms rent them and, if so, how are they? In other words, can I expect a decently tight pistol with a good trigger or a pistol with a heavy trigger that has been shot to crap and back?

I dont know if they rent 19's there, but I guarantee that if you go there on monday night around 6 or so, there will be a bunch of BS.com members there that would probably let you shoot their 19, as long as you bring the ammo. You can shoot mine, but I'm not sure what time I'm going up there monday. It'll probably be 3-4 PM or round abouts that time.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yes they do rent them, and I think the rental guns a fairly new, a couple of years old, you can also drop a ghost trigger in one for fairly cheap and get a pretty good trigger

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I think he was mainly asking if their rental guns were crap. I've only tried a Sig P226 for them my gf wanted to shoot, it was ok but the recoil spring was very weak. I'm sure tons of BS members that have 19's would be willing to let you try one.

If it helps I have a 17 and a 26 you can try, just split the difference and you have a 19 lol

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks for the help guys. I just might take ya'll up on that Monday night offer soon.

I checked one out today at Cabela's. It seems to fit my hands, the trigger finger reach is good, and it points good for me. Didn't pull the trigger though as I don't like to dry fire pistols in stores. It is a bit lighter and slimmer than my P229 which fits me perfect but that isn't a problem. I can't wait to put a hundred rounds or so through one to see how it handles.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    You mentioned trigger reach.

The standard Sig trigger is WAY too large for anyone with small or medium hands. For that reason, Sig offers a so-called "short trigger", which reduces trigger pull length quite substantially; it actually makes a completely different-feeling pistol.

If that is the reason you're abandoning your P229, give pause. OTOH, if you just want a G19, then press on relentlessly... ;)

I have the short trigger on my P229 and, you're right, it does make the pistol feel better to me. I just want a G19. :D

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I believe that they do. If you wanna meet up sometime at Precision or at the Baker Range with some ammo, I'll let ya feed my G19 so you can try it out. I've never shot a P229 either..

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I believe that they do. If you wanna meet up sometime at Precision or at the Baker Range with some ammo, I'll let ya feed
    my G19 so you can try it out. I've never shot a P229 either..

That sounds good. I'll let you try out my P229. Do you plan on going to Precision any time soon? I've never been to the Baker range but I would like to check it out some time. Do you shoot out there on Wednesday nights?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    That sounds good. I'll let you try out my P229. Do you plan on going to Precision any time soon? I've never been to the Baker range but I would like to check it out some time. Do you shoot out there on Wednesday nights?

Be at the Baker range Wednesday night with ammo. and you will be able to try out a few Glocks. I can show you a G19/G17/G34 with different triggers.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I'll plan on coming out to the Baker range this coming Wednesday night. If something comes up to where I am unable to make it, I'll PM you guys and let you know. I really appreciate your help. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The 19 is a good size gun. It is my primary carry gun, and i shot about 10-15,000 rounds through it in IPSC. Just got a 17 to trick up a bit more and make it my IPSC gun, but still like my 19. Left me a bit outclassed on 50 yard targets, but i was able to smoke targets close up without the extra weight and length in short field courses. Gun just fits me right i guess.

BTW...the 17 was my election day present to myself !!!:D Very proud of that moment!!! Wife wasn't, but too late for that...

Top Bottom